Great find....Firemaple Petrel pot

Morety

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Oct 22, 2018
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
905
Location
Darkest Gloucestershire
Just snapped one of these up for a low price on Amazon of £26. It uses a similar wind cheating heat diffuser base, much like the jetboil and Heiro stoves but can be used on any three leg remote or cartridge stove. It extends below the flame nozzle so unlike some jetboils is totally wind proof. I tested my normal 750ml Alu kettle to see how long it took to boil 750ml in today's breezy conditions and it came out at 5.5 minutes on my regulated remote stove. The Petrel 750 ml took just 3 minutes to boil the same amount of water on the same stove so way more efficient in the wind. If anyone likes the idea of a jetboil without the premium, this will do the same for a fraction of the cost if you already have a reasonable stove using the triple top supports. Unlike the Heiro which uses a clip in mechanism, this is easier to fit and rock solid once fitted.
 
Managed to snag a used MSR pocket rocket 11 with heat shield and gas cannister stand for under £30. Saves me considerable weight over my older stove (345g on it's own). Just tried boiling 500ml water in the petrel pot....1 minute 30 dead so pretty decent. About 5g gas used so more efficient than my last stove. The pot, stand and stove now come to less weight than a 230g gas cannister. Stove on it's own was just 74g.
 
The Alpkit stove was on sale for 29.99.

So i bookmarked it until i got paid on Wednesday (end on month)
I checked on Wednesday its now £55 ffs

I should have bought it on the credit card... what an idiot.
 
The Alpkit stove was on sale for 29.99.

So i bookmarked it until i got paid on Wednesday (end on month)
I checked on Wednesday its now £55 ffs

I should have bought it on the credit card... what an idiot.
Yes, I thought it had gone up. The FM G2 pot with a good used MSR pocket Rocket can still be had for under £50, which is what I ended up with.
 
Yes, I thought it had gone up. The FM G2 pot with a good used MSR pocket Rocket can still be had for under £50, which is what I ended up with.
I've got the Fire Maple G3, Fire-Maple Greenpeak 2 and the Fire-Maple Titanium Gas Canister Stand in my basket on amazon.
ready to pull trigger unless i see something better lol
 
No. Mine came from amazon when they were doing the G2 for £25
Ive watched a few YouTube videos reviewing and comparing with Jetboils.
it actually boils quicker!

There are quite a few Fire Maple pots.
Ramen pot, Rice Cooker, French Press and a coffee kettle

Good stuff.
 


Back
Top Bottom