Great Video: F800GS with Battlewings in the sand

ooo... that guy was close to a few offs! Not exactly Jeremy McGrath eh? :)

The bike did well though on battlewings considering how deep and soft looking the sand was in parts!

Tell you what though, I'd hate to have to clean that bike :loopy

Really depends on what you want out the bike

Fun or a means of travel :nenau

There are so many GS's on this site that haven't seen rain never mind sand or dirt and think anyone who takes the bike Gerlande Strasse is mad.:eek

Really depends on what you want out the bike

Fun or a means of travel :nenau

There are so many GS's on this site that haven't seen rain never mind sand or dirt and think anyone who takes the bike Gerlande Strasse is mad.:eek

Fair point. For me its both. I ride to work everyday but enjoy some green lanes and occasional saharan sand all on the same bike! :thumb2

The guys at Essential Rubber are brilliant, can you remember how much for the pair Twisticles?

Jolyon

The guys at Essential Rubber are brilliant, can you remember how much for the pair Twisticles?

Jolyon

I am in Singapore at the moment so can't check the receipt...but £161 rings a bell...it was same price for the tyres as buster plus £15 per wheel to change I think.

Makes me want to find some sand!!:thumb2

I found some sand, but a bit different to that of the video!. There's a green lane near Dorking, starting from the A25 near Wotton, it starts as a lane called Wolvens Ln and carries on after that, Google map here.

They seem to maintain the trail by filling it with sand to cover the ruts. I was lucky not to drop the bike a few times, the front wheel was everywhere. The trail is popular with hikers and cyclist as well so going quick is not always possible, so those patches of sand became really tricky. I used to compete in Downhill and Mountain bike races back home so maybe that makes up a little bit for my lack of motorbike riding experience and skills (my first bike...). I am looking for a group to go out with so I can learn quicker and better.

Someone said in this thread that cleaning the bike wouldn't be fun, it's not!. I had sand even underneath the seat!

I hope someone can enjoy that green lane too.

Cheers.

I found some sand, but a bit different to that of the video!. There's a green lane near Dorking, starting from the A25 near Wotton, it starts as a lane called Wolvens Ln and carries on after that, Google map here.

They seem to maintain the trail by filling it with sand to cover the ruts. I was lucky not to drop the bike a few times, the front wheel was everywhere. The trail is popular with hikers and cyclist as well so going quick is not always possible, so those patches of sand became really tricky. I used to compete in Downhill and Mountain bike races back home so maybe that makes up a little bit for my lack of motorbike riding experience and skills (my first bike...). I am looking for a group to go out with so I can learn quicker and better.

Someone said in this thread that cleaning the bike wouldn't be fun, it's not!. I had sand even underneath the seat!

I hope someone can enjoy that green lane too.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tip Im not that far from Dorking so may give it a go. Yeah the cleaning thing.... I was finding sand on in my 1150gsa 2 years after my first desert trip!!!:nenau

Back
Top Bottom