GS-911 frustration!

Motormed

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm after some help with a GS-911 USB (yellow), that I've just purchased, please.
I'm experiencing issues getting my laptop (a 64-bit system running Windows 10) to recognise it.

As detailed in the instructions, I've downloaded the driver software then plugged the GS-911 into a USB port.
On doing this, I get an error message (pic 1) followed by further messages (pic 2).

I've tried the following to rectify it:
Unplugged the device, uninstalled then re-installed the software and plugged into different ports.
In Device Manager, after looking at Properties for the unit (pic 3) I uninstalled the device.
Finally, following advice from the Support and FAQs section of the HEX Code website under the title Previous work-around,
I changed the domain name and disabled the driver signature verification.

Still doesn't work :blast.
Anyone out there with any ideas :confused:?

Attachments

• GS-911 Error 1.JPG
    GS-911 Error 1.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 337
  • GS-911 Error 2.JPG
    GS-911 Error 2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 323
  • GS-911 Device Manager Code.JPG
    GS-911 Device Manager Code.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 325
Could it be that you have been supplied with an unserviceable unit ?

Or your using a charge only usb cable and not a Data & Charge cable

Duff USB port (s) as well

Is the unit unserviceable? It's certainly a possibility, stever1.
As for the cable, it is the one supplied by HEX - the thick data and charge one.

Thanks for your replies so far fellas, any more ideas out there?

Plug it into a bikermates pc (one with a functional gs911)

North Wales a little far from me but laptop available if you’re passing through Yorkshire

Cheers guys, I'll try a different USB cable tonight and also roll back the computer to before I attempted it in the first place.
Failing that, I've asked a tech guy in work to have a look at it tomorrow :duno.

Have you tried other USB ports on your PC? My Nav 5 is quite sensitive to which one I use on my laptop. It will only work on one of the three installed. Yet they all work with my old TomTom.

Right guys, got a positive result after getting home from the pub after a few beers :beer::beer:
I think it was probably down to trying a different USB cable though!

After going through the same routine as before but with GS-911 now linked via a Garmin Zumo cable........it works!!
Instantly went to a registration page so I could change user details and so on.

So a big thanks for all your suggestions and a :beerjug: to bolsun especially!

Cheers,

Med.

Right guys, got a positive result after getting home from the pub after a few beers :beer::beer:
I think it was probably down to trying a different USB cable though!

After going through the same routine as before but with GS-911 now linked via a Garmin Zumo cable........it works!!
Instantly went to a registration page so I could change user details and so on.

So a big thanks for all your suggestions and a :beerjug: to bolsun especially!

Cheers,

Med.

Good result. Buy worrying that the cable supplied was the culprit.

Hi Onahi

We haven't manufactured yellow devices in over 7 years, so I suspect the unit was most likely 2nd hand, which means the cable might've been damaged over time.

Thanks.
It's good to know you're on here !
I've just got my new GS911. And love it.

Back
Top Bottom