HEED Crash bars

Might be wrong, but will the top bar clamp fit before the bottom clamp .....might allow more access to tighten hex nut up, and the bottom bars would be slightly further away from the headers.
Correction, on investigation of other bikes with Heed bars, and their images, the ones you have are correctly fitted, must be a bad design feature on these type of bars.

Might have to get yourself one of these! For angled access.
s-l500.webp
 
Last edited:
Too late now but is it the bolt that connects the two sides? If so, could you just unscrew the other side, and then twist remove the inaccessible side? I only fitted a set of lower bars last week.
 
They are bloody close to the head covers!
I know - Reading the HEED advice (Fromwhat I can make of it) I dont think the ADV covers should be installed with the crash bars. Anyways, probably just going to go with it for now, bit of a pain with the shortened Hex nut but not as bad as trying to change spark plugs on a Speed Triple!
 
I have a set on my 11 plate hexhead

If i recall you ony need to hold one side and spin the bar into it to tighten

a std allen key suffices

i will post pics later
 
Pics below,

Hate to say it, but it looks like a fitment issue & your using the wrong tools to fit / remove them

You need ball ended allen keys

The pics below show the clearances

I used my Torx keys to show the room available and they are the same size as my Allen keys (just they were first to hand )

you fit the bars loosley, and turn the cross bar to tighten the limited access side, then use the allen key to tighten the good acess side

Heed 1.jpg
Alternative method

Heed 2.jpg

Good side Heed 3.jpg
 


Back
Top Bottom