Help Please

Flip

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2610 and have loaded on to a Kingston 1 gig cf card maps from map source of Europe. On power up its saying map storage error but it seems to be able to find a route to destinations. Can any one guide me. Going to Europe tomorrow night. Cheers. Flip.

:eek: Sounds like it's using the base map to plot a route, and not touching the card at all......

Try reloading the maps onto the card from scratchcard......format it first though just in case.

HTH

Flip said:
How doe's one format the card?

If you've got a card reader you can do it by right clicking on it...if not and you're loading it from the USB lead, I'm afraid I don't know...MIne's a quest so it doesn't have removable media..sorry!!

Dont have a card reader so i presume there is another way. Cheers.

Flip...just try relaoding the maps you need then, and take special care inserting the card to make sure it's seated properly.....

Beyond that I have no idea I'm afraid.....

Enjoy your trip though ;)

What version software have you? I think that incompatability with Kingston cards was dealt with in version 4.30. You can download from the Garmin site or ring Tech. support and they will talk you through it. (you need broadband or mobile to be on 'net and phone together)
Bigmixer

Thanks all, it seems to be working now??. I'll see how it goes, Back in 10 days. Flip..

Back
Top Bottom