Home compressor - connector standards.

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
9,408
Reaction score
4,496
Location
Surrey, England
I have a sub 8 bar home compressor which I use for tyre inflation, blowing out airways etc.

Its two outlets are currently fitted with different types of connector and I want to standardise across the connectors / hoses/ tools.

The cost will be the same either way - my question is, does one connector standard have any advantage over the other?

Should I standardise on the system currently used on the yellow or blue hose?

Cheers.IMG_1299.jpeg
 
The blue one is for high flow tools and has become the standard these days. Stick with that one unless you have loads of tools with the older type. Buy genuine ones as cheap copies often leak.
 
Why not just leave both? Your not a heavy user and your unlikely to need both outlets at once. JJH
 
Neil and Snaf, thanks, Euro it is.

JJH I am plumbing some lines into my garage so I can take off the air at different points, and I want one female connector at the terminations, not two. 👍
 
Personal preference go for the Euro std as Snaf says
Same as, Euro Standard for me. Less faff connecting to a tool and a tail sticking out the rear of the tool is much shorter too.
 
Main thing is to release pressure in the airline by not simply snapping out the tool from connector, but to actually push in the connector tor, then release the locking collar mechanism, and gently release the pressure between the tool and connector.
Another thing not to do, is keep dropping the female end of the hose on the floor, no tool will last if it get whacked onto a concrete floor god know how many times a day, week….
 
How are you running your pipework? I fitted out a workshop singlehanded with fifteen outlets using nylon pipe and fittings including pipe support clamps in less than a day, all push fit connectors pipe cut with pipe shears but can easily be cut with a junior hacksaw. The main run, at least 100m in all, was in 22mm and the drops in 15mm, no noticeable drop in pressure. I was expecting that I would have a leak from at least one of the joints when I connected it to the compressor but you could only hear the reassuring clicks as each joint sealed itself. The larger pipework also acts as an extension to your receiver capacity.

I vote good quality PCL fittings, I used to get really annoyed having to change the tail ends on new tools to fit existing air lines, plus as we're out of the EU now, Imperial rules...

 


Back
Top Bottom