How would a Le Mans fare on a track day?

Nice bike!! Are those bars higher than normal?

Thanks - has been a bit of a dream bike for me, still surprised I have one now :). Yes original Le Mans II bars are clip-ons, but these later bikes have a standard top yoke with hidden clamps so you can make it more 'old man' proof. When I bought this one it had straight bars on which were exactly where an old back injury played up so I've put higher Renthals on it which suit me well. Hopefully it doesn't upset any pureists - its a fun classic sports tourer now. Bought some old Krauser panniers in the summer so I can pretend it's 1980 all over again on longer runs.... just wish my achey body thought so too !

Taking my Le Mans to the Picos next summer - mates all on modern very capable huge things (a 1250 GS, Suzuki GSX-S1000GT).... I'm really looking forwards to the twisties on a lighter fun Guzzi, those Toni frames are so good in the corners. I used to hoon around on my T3 Cali years ago and surprise the be-jeezuz out of people. :)

View attachment 295328

Here's your bike when I owned it. :) I put the flat tubular bars and mirrors on it, but still couldn't get comfortable on it for more than about 40 miles. I like the seat re-trim. (y)

jp0yuH.jpg

The 900SS belongs to a friend, and is for sale now.

Interesting little video, an old Le Mans versus modern bikes on a race track.

Whilst very fun it is a pretty rare thing

And I think "Sense" lies in buying an SV650 or a Fazer or ZXR6 or ZXR7 and go have fun and if its dropped its not going to have you ( and US guzzi fans ) crying over it being broken

Here's your bike when I owned it. :) I put the flat tubular bars and mirrors on it, but still couldn't get comfortable on it for more than about 40 miles. I like the seat re-trim. (y)
Wow fantastic picture ! Great to see another picture of the bike before I had it. Yeah those straight bars didn't work for me either, taller ones are much more comfortable - maybe less 'Le Mans' but so much better. I took inspiration for the seat from someone on the Guzziriders forum - got a slightly thicker padding which gives me less of a leg bend to the pegs. Re-padded and covered by Viking over near Brands Hatch, its a lovely job. Taken a little bit of faffing but its a really nice riding position for me now (y)

Great video....watching it has been the total opposite of the usual 'well thats 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back'
Brilliant

Taking my Le Mans to the Picos next summer - mates all on modern very capable huge things (a 1250 GS, Suzuki GSX-S1000GT).... I'm really looking forwards to the twisties on a lighter fun Guzzi, those Toni frames are so good in the corners. I used to hoon around on my T3 Cali years ago and surprise the be-jeezuz out of people. :)
Here's my Le Mans in the Picos (with modern bikes) in the Picos in 2011

Back
Top Bottom