If your 1250 is over 4 years old, thoughts?

While I sometimes fancy a newer gsa than my 2011 tc I think that the bike I’ve got does 95+ % of the newer one and that my usage of my present bike has fallen dramatically I can’t see the point of blowing £10000 plus on a newer model . Which would sit in the shed as much as the present one.
anyway I don’t like the looks of the 1300

👍

I didn’t say gone, I said that they’d be worth naff all. Govt and Khan nudging us towards BEVs will make ICE vehicles more and more expensive to use, and they’ll limit where they are used.

Hence the resale value will drop like a lead balloon.

👍
Fair enough but lets wait an see. It's too early to speculate and EV sales seem to be sliding, not picking up. Toyota certainly seem to be going a different route and as one of the largest car makers on the planet, I'd take their lead than that of that left wing loony, Khan.

Bought my ‘19 1250GS, 20 months ago with 9000 on the clock. Up to 27,000 now and hasn’t missed a beat. Brilliant bike that’s a pleasure to ride. No thoughts of trading it in for a new one, it’s worth more to me than anyone else, so good job really!

With ICE vehicles being nudged off the roads, at some point in the not so distant future, any new bike that you buy now will be worth naff all when you come to part with it in X years time.

So if I wanted a new machine, I’d go PCP so that I know how much I’m into.

But actually, I really can’t be ar5ed with the new bike hamster wheel.

My 2017 GSA runs well, is set up exactly how I want it, and is more bike than I’ll ever need. Why on earth would I want to buy new, I see no reason.
With the huge depreciation in EVs at the moment and price rises of ICE vehicles I have a feeling it will be long before it effects any of us

I'm also on a 2019 and don't see why I would need to change it at the moment, never had a motorcycle this old as I normally chop them in at the 3 year point but this thing just has everything and does everything and looks fricking awesome.

So will keep.....for now (plus I think the new 1300 looks like a Ducati Multistrada)

I would usually say no to people wanting to change to the next new model but I've changed my mind now I have seen & watched numerous utube reviews of the new 1300 gs.
I just think bmw have done a fantastic job with the new bike & hopefully addressed some of the issues with the previous model and I can see new modal being a great success.
I do buy in to the life's to short thing as life can be very cruel which I have first hand experience of with close family members being taken when you lest expect.
So just do what floats your boat,
Ian.

I know this thread ws about 1250's, but I've still got my 2016 GSA, bought 2018. Now done 65k. never really let me down, except obviously rear ESA, that's a given, new rear and front wheel bearings.
Would I like a new bike, Yes, can I afford a new bike, probably, will I buy one, no.
my old tractor does everything I need, it starts, it moves, it does 4k + tours with two-up, full luggage, with not a blip. incidentally, on tour last year with another couple who had a newish 1250, few miles on clock, nothing but problems for them, various issues.
I do have it serviced by the stealers as I cannot be ars%ed doing it myself, and I don't have a garage or shed big enough to put my bike in, I also have the extended warranty, just peace of mind for when I'm touring, the warranty is not the cheapest but as I only pay £150 a year for insurance it does not make the yearly bill too much, I have heard of others paying £300+ for insurance so when mine are added together it's quite cheap.
this bike is worth nothing now, might be able to sell it for a few hundred quid when I intend to buy a K100gt in two or three years and do some serious touring.
anyway that's my two penneth

My 18 GSA (TFT etc) is basically the same as the 1250 bar couple of stickers. However, The new GSA when it arrives next year will be worth the upgrade. :thumb2

Amongst others I watched the loftybiker's vid on the 1300. His opinion was if you were looking to change anyway the 1300 would be a natural step, but if you had a newish 1250 it wasn't necessarily worth changing yet which was the general opinion when the 1250 first came out. He did seem a bit enthusiastic about the adaptive cruise which doesn't come as standard on the TE anyway and is a £760 upgrade

Back
Top Bottom