Independent BMW bike service Stirling or Aberdeen.

Toddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Pal's R1200GS LC 2014 is a tip and requires new front shock (used from Motorworks), a seal replaced in the final drive LH and a full service.
Anyone know of an independent mechanic that can do these things in Stirling, Aberdeen or anywhere in Scotland?
Thanks.

Phil at Mobile Motorcycle Service and Repair (Dundee) should be able to do that for you.
Experienced mechanics and good rates.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Calum Baker, ex Motorrad Central Head Tech, at Central Customs based in Roslin Innovation Centre. Really nice guy, reasonably priced, knows BMW's inside out, obviously.
As a result he's pretty busy. He's my go-to guy these days. 07968 425636. Info@centralcustoms.co.uk

Thanks, that's a great help, used parts are on order and fingers crossed he'll be back on the road soon.

Cheers

As Schtum says Calum. Where he is based if you need to leave your bike its a simple bus ride to Princes Street I then got the train to Aberdoom. Works w

Calum Baker, ex Motorrad Central Head Tech, at Central Customs based in Roslin Innovation Centre. Really nice guy, reasonably priced, knows BMW's inside out, obviously.
As a result he's pretty busy. He's my go-to guy these days. 07968 425636. Info@centralcustoms.co.uk

I kept a note of this one. And booked a wee job for Calum.

Took my bike over to Calum on Tuesday for a valve check. I knew the bike had to cool down and I knew Calum was busy so I jumped straight on the No.37 bus at the entrance and got myself to North Bridge. Then Jumped on an X38 and got myself (almost) home. Darling wife picked me up for the last mile.

My plan to collect on Wednesday was scuppered when something arose that I had to deal with, but Calum was happy to keep the patient in overnight.
Just as well with Wednesday's weather going downhill fast.

Re-traced my steps early this morning - Oh what joy using public transport :) But The Price Is Right - Zero.

I don't think it was a surprise to learn that no valve adjustment was needed. One inlet valve at the lower allowable limit he said. I've saved a fortune on dealer 12K checks.

2015 R1200RS ridden from new. 45K miles. First ever valve check. And he popped my new plugs in while he was there.

Great guy for a job that's not Urgent and can be planned in.

I kept a note of this one. And booked a wee job for Calum.

Took my bike over to Calum on Tuesday for a valve check. I knew the bike had to cool down and I knew Calum was busy so I jumped straight on the No.37 bus at the entrance and got myself to North Bridge. Then Jumped on an X38 and got myself (almost) home. Darling wife picked me up for the last mile.

My plan to collect on Wednesday was scuppered when something arose that I had to deal with, but Calum was happy to keep the patient in overnight.
Just as well with Wednesday's weather going downhill fast.

Re-traced my steps early this morning - Oh what joy using public transport :) But The Price Is Right - Zero.

I don't think it was a surprise to learn that no valve adjustment was needed. One inlet valve at the lower allowable limit he said. I've saved a fortune on dealer 12K checks.

2015 R1200RS ridden from new. 45K miles. First ever valve check. And he popped my new plugs in while he was there.

Great guy for a job that's not Urgent and can be planned in.
I've seen me leave a bike with Calum for weeks and he lets me know when its ready. I've other bikes to ride and generally plan ahead for servicing so that works okay for me. Bus into town (slow) and then train home to Falkirk.

I hear that Calum does the local BMW Blood Bikes and those guys are really impressed with his work 👍

That's what a mate said who's involved with the BBS guys. I just signed up for BBS doing my induction

Is that with the Lothian group? I think Brian Fraser is still with them. Of course, he was on the SQ Lifeboat as well which might explain why the Biker Down course is being held there.

Back
Top Bottom