Irish Photo Rally 2023

Sensing a serious silence hereabouts on this topic

Attachments

• 14 Clare.JPG
    14 Clare.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 29
I'm just waiting for a break in the weather to head to Donegal for Lough Swilly & Arannmore for the Iron Butt and the Donegal & Leitrim for the IPR. Then another weekend to do Valentia & Baltimore for the Iron Butt and Lissadel for the IPR.
Is two dcent weekends too much to hope for.
There is always the risk that i could get to Donegal and find the ferry cancelled due to bad weather. Or worse get out to the Island and find myself stuck there.

I'm just waiting for a break in the weather to head to Donegal for Lough Swilly & Arannmore for the Iron Butt and the Donegal & Leitrim for the IPR. Then another weekend to do Valentia & Baltimore for the Iron Butt and Lissadel for the IPR.
There is always the risk that i could get to Donegal and find the ferry cancelled due to bad weather. Or worse get out to the Island and find myself stuck there.
You just missed a cracking weekend in Donegal Frodi!Singing pub Saturday 16th Sept 2023.jpg

I've just had a decent day on Donegal. As I reached Glenties on the way out today it started raining and I got soaked for the rest of the day.
Hopefully next weekend is Liss Ard. Just found out this evening that I won't get Baltimore and Valentia done in time for the Iron Butt. Closing date is the 30th Sept and I would have been doing them on the 30th & 1st but not able to post them until the evening of the 1st. I'll probably miss out on the BMW Ulster points this year. Families, who'd have them?

I finished both rallies off yesterday. It's not always easy every year to get the time away to complete them both but I guess you just have to be content with what you can achieve.

all the irish have won the lotto theyre all in spain now :D
Not exactly Spain......but close.
acc8ab240d20c4d512fa1cf3e1018bff.jpg

Sent by an Android

I've just had a decent day on Donegal. As I reached Glenties on the way out today it started raining and I got soaked for the rest of the day.
Hopefully next weekend is Liss Ard. Just found out this evening that I won't get Baltimore and Valentia done in time for the Iron Butt. Closing date is the 30th Sept and I would have been doing them on the 30th & 1st but not able to post them until the evening of the 1st. I'll probably miss out on the BMW Ulster points this year. Families, who'd have them?
Well I got Baltimore and Valentia done on Saturday along with Liss Ard for the last one on the IPR.
I left home at 8AM and got to the B&B at 7PM. One long (wet) day. My phone obliged and was able to upload to the Iron Butt website on site. Up to this it has been temperamental about internet away from Wifi.
Big shout out for all the organisers of both rallies. My family life would have been different without them.

2003 Photo Rally & 2023 IBA wolfhound location. 20 year gap.

Attachments

• 03 11.jpg
    03 11.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 14
  • 03 11a.JPG
    03 11a.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 18
3. Antrim

Attachments

• IMG_20231007_175538.jpg
    IMG_20231007_175538.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 14