Is there another Salisbury Plain in the UK?!

There's nowhere like Salisbury that has the level of access. There are some good routes around Nidderdale, Yorkshire way but have you considered just riding some of the local small back roads, around here they're as tricky as any graded gravel road with constantly changing conditions. I wouldn't bother with the forest drives unless you're in the area anyway as they're pretty easy going.
Many high moorland routes are not to tricky, if you can see twin tracks on google satelite view it will most likely be what you're looking for.

Wouldn't Si Pavey or his crew have some ideas? I know where they ride they have a licence for but I know they do weekend tours out of their base
It might be worth a very grovelly email https://www.offroadskills.com/

Going back in topic, during a weekend I did with some mates across Wales' green lanes couple of summers ago, we did a section that was fairly longish forest easy/flat gravel roads. This was on our way to Strata Florida on our second day of riding. Also: beautiful places.
Might be able to pinpoint the route from the GoPro videos (GPS data) when I get back home.

Sweet lamb rally centre in Wales has the types of tracks your after but it costs.
Maybe worth looking on their we site.

Claerwen.jpg

That doesn't appear to be correct.

Although I don't have the definitive map available, the current OS map clearly shows that the RoW for vehicles stops at the gate.
It’s well known about the “disagreement” over it.
What’s legal and what’s shouted about loudest are two different things.

Sweet lamb rally centre in Wales has the types of tracks your after but it costs.
Maybe worth looking on their we site.

They do a course for ladies.

I went there with the CCM factory when the GP450 first came out. I was a 70 year old who had never ridden off road, they were very patient.

tom

Back
Top Bottom