Is this worth a punt at £2.5k

I keep telling you to buy it mate!
I’ll give Gary a call tomorrow regarding the polished bits as it was he ,who made me aware of the fact.
Mebbs it was only certain years/colours.:thumby:

Don't worry it's arrived and lighting up the garden:D

Attachments

• IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2794.jpg
    IMG_2794.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 312
I want to see what exotica is powering the pop out light mech.

I expect Mikey to have the first posts up by Sunday :)

I reckon it will be more desirable, and more attractive, put back to the naked S spec. Sell the fairing.

I wonder if this is actually an RT, and someone found/liked/preferred the S badging? :nenau
This is based simply on my own contrarian thought processes, not some inside knowledge.
Never owned one, but recall riding a couple many years ago.

I wonder if this is actually an RT, and someone found/liked/preferred the S badging? :nenau
This is based simply on my own contrarian thought processes, not some inside knowledge.
Never owned one, but recall riding a couple many years ago.

You may be right, I've still to collect the panniers, frames and V5, mind you I haven't paid for it either :augie

So....
I’ve just got off the phone with Gary B,
Apparently,only the airline,or Lufthansa paint jobs had polished bits.
I apologise for my doubts,
Even so,once running correctly,the bike will still be a good bet!,

So....
I’ve just got off the phone with Gary B,
Apparently,only the airline,or Lufthansa paint jobs had polished bits.
I apologise for my doubts,
Even so,once running correctly,the bike will still be a good bet!,

Thanks for going to the trouble and reporting back, mister Overy :beerjug:

...................So what do you think gentlemen?

I think that it's less than twelve months depreciation on a new 1250 and isn't likely to go down in value.

I'd go for it if I didn't already have an R100R.

The two levers can be seen next to the fairing lockers so Tufty gets teachers badge :thumb

Well thats no good,

Tell Mikey, you want them to extend automatically when you turn on the lights ;)

Manual operation pah !

Put the frame number into www.mdecoder.com and it’ll tell you what model it is and what it was specced with when it left the factory.

Thanks Steve,

confirmed as June 1978 build, model R100S.

First registered April 1979 with Leeds area code WU.

Is it likely the RT fairing was fitted by the selling dealer?

It looks like the fairing has had holes filled in above the offside front indicator. I would think the fairing may have been ex police, where they used to locate the blue flashing lights. Is there the same circular holes above the front nearside indicator ? Could be wrong though. Nice bike, well bought.

It looks like the fairing has had holes filled in above the offside front indicator. I would think the fairing may have been ex police, where they used to locate the blue flashing lights. Is there the same circular holes above the front nearside indicator ? Could be wrong though. Nice bike, well bought.

Yeah, looking like ex-police fairing, thanks for pointing out :thumb

Looks pretty well after a wash and scrub up (no polish was used in this process) :aidan

It's not been on the road since end Nov 2009 so in consultation with Mr Mike Overy, i'm going to whip both heads and barrels off for a look see.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 354
  • image1[1].jpeg
    image1[1].jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 357

Back
Top Bottom