It’s tour on the 500 fortnight

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to unforeseen circumstances I’ve come to the conclusion that a 500 Classic is the ideal weapon for a European tour so tomorrow soon after lunch I’ll be heading to Harwich on the first stage of a trip to watch WSB in the CZ Republic next weekend.

I suppose I should check the oil, kick the tyres and give it a shake to make sure nothing falls off but people ride these bikes for thousands of miles across the sub continent with minimal hassle so riding the width of Germany should be a walk in the park. No, my wife doesn’t seem overly amused by the idea of a slower than expected holiday but she’ll get much better mpg than she expected :D

We’ve stopped for food and a beer at a pub a couple of miles from where we used to live and the wankers stopped serving food at 5pm. Not to worry they still served beer so I’ve got a pint of Landlord.

So far we’ve done 180 miles, it pissed it down for the first 100 and over loaded as it may be the mighty Indian still returned 95mpg

Attachments

• IMG_2581.jpeg
    IMG_2581.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 140
Have a good one Andy. You don't look to be short of anything looking at all the luggage.

I’ve had to carry tools :D

to be honest I couldn’t cram everything into the tiny little panniers so I thought fuck it, I’ll bung a 40l tail pack on as well and now I’ve got clean socks & kecks every day plus a load of extra clutter :beerjug:

That exhaust is almost MZ like.
It can’t be like an MZ because it’s paint that’s starting to rust rather than chrome.

It’s a good job I kicked the tyres because both were down to about 10 PSI which made the front end feel a bit ‘interesting’ when I rode it to the petrol station. It was shaking like a shitting dog at 20mph and I really regretted not searching for a pump at home :reaper

It's bound to be a memorable trip Andy! For all the right reasons. Enjoy!

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Due to unforeseen circumstances I’ve come to the conclusion that a 500 Classic is the ideal weapon for a European tour so tomorrow soon after lunch I’ll be heading to Harwich on the first stage of a trip to watch WSB in the CZ Republic next weekend.
At least you won't get done for speeding :D

At least you won't get done for speeding :D
You seem to forget that Dutch motorways have a 60mph speed limit in the daytime and the route away from the Hook is awash with the pesky things. It might mean my wife won’t get done because she’s been nicked for speeding twice leaving the port :D

Apparently the speedo is pretty accurate if you pick the number in the centre of the needle swing so I could pick up that badge of honour if I hide behind the tank bag….

You’ve got to love those cheeky cloggies, €2.15l of unleaded is taking the piss but fortunately 60mph makes for a frugal Royal Enfield so I can merely stop for coffee and wait until Deutschland for petrol :thumb

I suppose I should check the oil, kick the tyres and give it a shake to make sure nothing falls off but people ride these bikes for thousands of miles across the sub continent with minimal hassle so riding the width of Germany should be a walk in the park. No, my wife doesn’t seem overly amused by the idea of a slower than expected holiday but she’ll get much better mpg than she expected :D
This has the makings of an epic; just kick back and shoot the breeze; :D :beerjug:

This has the makings of an epic; just kick back and shoot the breeze; :D :beerjug:
Every time I go away on a bike trip I expect an epic and I’m rarely disappointed.

We’re stopping 2 nights in Hameln so I’ll be practicing my German on the locals. I’m doing well so far because at least I managed to tell the guy which pump I’d used at the latest fuel stop rather than holding up the appropriate number of fingers.

I haven’t seen any rats from our bedroom window (we’ve got a cracking view of some bins) so maybe the Pied Piper left a lasting mark on Hameln. It’s that or the torrential rain has washed the little bastards down the drains :D

Anyway, we got caught in a few showers then managed to unload the bikes without getting soaked so when the rain stops it’ll be time for a walk to see where the bars and restaurants are.

D
I haven’t seen any rats from our bedroom window (we’ve got a cracking view of some bins) so maybe the Pied Piper left a lasting mark on Hameln. It’s that or the torrential rain has washed the little bastards down the drains :D

Anyway, we got caught in a few showers then managed to unload the bikes without getting soaked so when the rain stops it’ll be time for a walk to see where the bars and restaurants are.
Don't get rat arsed or the piper might get you; :D

We’re going nowhere yet because there appears to be a storm moving across with bands of heavy rain accompanied by thunder & lightning every 10 minutes or so. Google maps shows plenty of watering holes within a few minutes walk so we may simply decide to shelter for a longer period in each one :beerjug:

We’re here for two nights then heading off to Muhlhausen to meet friends and stop in a brewery for a night then we’re away to Most for 4 nights and a weekend of WSB which I’m slightly ashamed to say will be my first overseas WSB round. I’ve never even been to watch them at Assen and I can’t think of a good reason why not apart from always going to watch MotoGP and its infinitely superior 2 stroke predecessor.

We’re going nowhere yet because there appears to be a storm moving across with bands of heavy rain accompanied by thunder & lightning every 10 minutes or so. Google maps shows plenty of watering holes within a few minutes walk so we may simply decide to shelter for a longer period in each one :beerjug:
We're relying on you to scout out all the good spots so we don't have to waste time finding them on Monday 🍻

Muhlhausen

that looks interesting - considering a tour of SE Germany next year with Scraggy.

Assuming this place: https://www.goebel-hotels.com/muehlhausen/brauhaus-zum-loewen/

This 2 night package sounds attractive

TIP: BEER TRIP

• 1 x dinner as part of half-board
• 1 x dinner "All about beer"
• 1 x tour of the beer factory
• 2 glasses of beer (0.25 l) for tasting in our restaurant
• 1 souvenir glass to say goodbye

€53 per person in a double room

that looks interesting - considering a tour of SE Germany next year with Scraggy.

Assuming this place: https://www.goebel-hotels.com/muehlhausen/brauhaus-zum-loewen/

This 2 night package sounds attractive

TIP: BEER TRIP

• 1 x dinner as part of half-board
• 1 x dinner "All about beer"
• 1 x tour of the beer factory
• 2 glasses of beer (0.25 l) for tasting in our restaurant
• 1 souvenir glass to say goodbye

€53 per person in a double room
There’s some cracking gasthoffes linked to breweries in Germany.

I’ve stopped at a couple of them both inexpensive and good quality.

Back
Top Bottom