klim outlander GTX short boot. Anyone used them?

Berin

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
8,367
Reaction score
4,178
Location
South Oxfordshire
It’s these

My 20 year old Altberg Hoggs have finally given up and started to leak, so I’m in the market. The Hoggs were excellent, comfortable and easy to walk in but a bit of pain to put on.

These Klims have the BOA lacing system, which is very user friendly.

Now, I’ve got a pair here which I got in the Motolegends sale. They feel very comfy but maybe a bit lightweight, in comparison say with my walking boots.

Any feedback?
 
Get yourself some Daytona boots.
 
It’s these

My 20 year old Altberg Hoggs have finally given up and started to leak, so I’m in the market. The Hoggs were excellent, comfortable and easy to walk in but a bit of pain to put on.

These Klims have the BOA lacing system, which is very user friendly.

Now, I’ve got a pair here which I got in the Motolegends sale. They feel very comfy but maybe a bit lightweight, in comparison say with my walking boots.

Any feedback?

I’ve just bought my second pair - in the sale. My original ones have done about 40,000 miles and are still fine, despite having little or no care. Very comfortable on and off the bike.

I bought the 2nd pair for the future.

The only downside is, in biblical rain they are a bit short and risk letting in bouncing rain at the top.
 
I’ve just bought my second pair - in the sale. My original ones have done about 40,000 miles and are still fine, despite having little or no care. Very comfortable on and off the bike.

I bought the 2nd pair for the future.

The only downside is, in biblical rain they are a bit short and risk letting in bouncing rain at the top.
I've had my Daytona journey for about 15 years. Never leaked, all day comfortable and easy to walk in.
Just buy boots once and buy Daytona.
 
It’s these

My 20 year old Altberg Hoggs have finally given up and started to leak, so I’m in the market. The Hoggs were excellent, comfortable and easy to walk in but a bit of pain to put on.

These Klims have the BOA lacing system, which is very user friendly.

Now, I’ve got a pair here which I got in the Motolegends sale. They feel very comfy but maybe a bit lightweight, in comparison say with my walking boots.

Any feedback?
Hope they weren't made in China.
 
Had to return my Klim boots to Sportsbikeshop for a refund. After 4 months use, circa 5k miles the toe cap on the left boot had deformed where the gearshift lever hits it. The toe cap was then uncomfortably pressing on my toes. The outer left sole had also started to split from the outer.
I liked the style, comfort and fit of the Klim boots but, given the above, they didn't seem that robust. Disappointed in Klim given the price of the boots.
The short Klim boots were also prone to let water in over the top unless wearing overtrousers.

I'm back wearing my old Daytona Roadstars. Worn but still good after 50000 miles and a recent crash. The Daytonas probably saved my shin from more serious damage than just bruising. The short Klim boots wouldn't have protected to the same degree.
 
Good boots, but to short. They do let a bit of water over the top. Happy with them though, just have to plan for that. Super comfy.
Not sure I’ll buy them again🤔
 
Get yourself some Daytona boots.
I’ve got some, and they are excellent but I don’t see anything in the current Daytona range that really fits the bill, which is riding and then walking to see various sights during stops on the way or days off - we’ve been visiting castles in Spain again and some of them are a fair old way on rough ground. The Daytonas I have are terrible for walking in, and Mrs Berin was wearing Daytona’s that were just hot and uncomfortable off the bike.
 
Good boots, but to short. They do let a bit of water over the top. Happy with them though, just have to plan for that. Super comfy.
Not sure I’ll buy them again🤔
That’s the conundrum. This trip it only rained once but it was biblical. I put overtrousers on but the Hoggs leaked through the toe area.

I’d buy Hoggs again but for the faff to put them on, I’m happy with 20 years of service.
 
Have a look at Louis.de. They have some summer short gtx models. They also have an extra 15% discount offer at the moment. This brings the Road Star boots to £294.
 


Back
Top Bottom