Lee Parks ISDT Deerskin Gloves

TIJ650

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Was looking for a minimalist summer glove and those got my attention on Motolegends. Thought a bit expensive, but the reviews were exemplary - so went ahead and purchased. Similar to the other reviews, I found the deerskin amazing and supple. However, after 2 rides the stitching on the palm reinforcement started to tear away. To be fair I’m not the gentlest of pilots and the billet grips on my Hog probably don’t help either. I do remember in Chris’s description video that the stitching was straightforward cotton as opposed to kevlar. This is okay with the internal stitching in the main glove and fingers……….but useless on the palm reinforcement that gets more abuse (particularly on throttle hand). Like most gloves, the dye comes out on hands too.
Those aren’t major gripes, but for £100 I thought others should be aware of those flaws.
Anyway and more importantly, on to my 2nd (and probably more important) review………..I’ve been buying from Motolegends for years cause like the quirkiness of their stuff. I’ve not always been 100% satisfied, but this is the first time I’ve actually left a review on their site.
It turns out however, that they also review your reviews before publishing. My 3 star review was never published.
This is something that really pisses me off and renders their reviews pointless.
Bottom line is your better airing your dissatisfaction or happiness here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking for a minimalist summer glove and those got my attention on Motolegends. Thought a bit expensive, but the reviews were exemplary - so went ahead and purchased. Similar to the other reviews, I found the deerskin amazing and supple. However, after 2 rides the stitching on the palm reinforcement started to tear away. To be fair I’m not the gentlest of pilots and the billet grips on my Hog probably don’t help either. I do remember in Chris’s description video that the stitching was straightforward cotton as opposed to kevlar. This is okay with the internal stitching in the main glove and fingers……….but useless on the palm reinforcement that gets more abuse (particularly on throttle hand). Like most gloves, the dye comes out on hands too.
Those aren’t major gripes, but for £100 I thought others should be aware of those flaws.
Anyway and more importantly, on to my 2nd (and probably more important) review………..I’ve been buying from Motolegends for years cause like the quirkiness of their stuff. I’ve not always been 100% satisfied, but this is the first time I’ve actually left a review on their site.
It turns out however, that they also review your reviews before publishing. My 3 star review was never published.
This is something that really pisses me off and renders their reviews pointless.
Bottom line is your better airing your dissatisfaction or happiness here

I’ve got two pairs of Lee Parks gloves, they are very comfortable and worn over a wide temperature range. Had my original pair for about 6 years now and they are still fine, no issues with stitching. Probably ridden about 16,000 miles in the original pair.

Tbh my beef is more about their reviews. If they edit - then they’re worthless.
You’re not alone – Motolegends has also edited some of my reviews.

They also edit (and sometimes delete) comments they don’t like on their YouTube channel.

The Chap in a Cap has been caught out on mistruths, too.

You’re not alone – Motolegends has also edited some of my reviews.

They also edit (and sometimes delete) comments they don’t like on their YouTube channel.

The Chap in a Cap has been caught out on mistruths, too.

To be fair, they aren’t alone - most companies that manage their own reviews do the same. Guess it exposes the pointlessness of the whole process
Some of the third parties like Trust Pilot are better, but forums (like here) or word of mouth are still best.

Back
Top Bottom