I went to Matlock on the train yesterday for a football match and had a bit of time after the game so wandered down to Matlock Bath. Goodness me it was absolutely heaving, the traffic was bumper to bumper and all of the car parks were full.
With all the chip shops, amusement arcades and tat shops it was like Skegness on a bad day. Why anyone would go there on a bike at the weekend is beyond me but we're all different.
I will, however, be back in the week sometime, on the train again, as I do like that sort of place with it's associated rammel - just not when the pavements are 3 deep and walking is quicker than driving.
"Who won?" I hear you ask.
Matlock Town 0 - 4 Kettering Town.
F.A. Trophy, 3rd Qualifying Round.
With all the chip shops, amusement arcades and tat shops it was like Skegness on a bad day. Why anyone would go there on a bike at the weekend is beyond me but we're all different.
I will, however, be back in the week sometime, on the train again, as I do like that sort of place with it's associated rammel - just not when the pavements are 3 deep and walking is quicker than driving.
"Who won?" I hear you ask.
Matlock Town 0 - 4 Kettering Town.
F.A. Trophy, 3rd Qualifying Round.