Maybe stupid question on mounting Garmin XT above TFT (Harley Pan America)

adm1

Registered user
Joined
Sep 12, 2019
Messages
2,569
Reaction score
43
Location
Surrey, UK
OK, so this might be a dumb question, but I have never had a GPS mounted directly above my bike screen before. The Pan America does not come with any way to do this, but I have just ordered a mount from Touratech which puts a bar directly above the TFT to hang things from:

https://www.touratech.com/gps-handlebar-bracket-above-the-instruments-for-harley-davidson-ra1250-pan-america.html

On other bikes, I have used RAM mounts to attach the GPS and/or phone to the handle bars using 1" balls mounted to the back of the Garmin clamp/power connector. This has worked well.

But....with a mounting bar above the top of the screen, the ball arrangement wont work. What I think I need is an adaptor plate to fit the square 4 hole Garmin clamp with some form of pipe clamp on the back of it to fit a 10-15mm bar.

Anyone know where to get one. Many of you have GPS units mounted above your TFT - so how are you doing it?

EDITED TO ADD: I really don't want to use the big clunky Touratech locking cradle thing. Just a minimal approach. If I want to put my phone there, I can use the QuadLock mirror adaptor: https://www.quadlockcase.co.uk/collections/shop-mounts/products/mirror-mount-motorcycle-scooter?variant=38928185810

So I am really looking for something like that to fit the 2" square Garmin back plate with the screw hole at each corner....
 


Back
Top Bottom