Mods not listed

Begs a question

What was in his right pannier & how heavy was it
It was an SW Motech pannier on their quick release type frames. I’ve a tail tidy so it doesn’t mount off the bike at the number plate which may have allowed the amount of flex to be what it was. The bike also fell slightly downhill as well with a fair amount of force.

Pannier was c.10-12kg at a guess carrying a couple water bottles, clothes etc… with no real rigidity in there to stop the pannier squishing

It was an SW Motech pannier on their quick release type frames. I’ve a tail tidy so it doesn’t mount off the bike at the number plate which may have allowed the amount of flex to be what it was. The bike also fell slightly downhill as well with a fair amount of force.

Pannier was c.10-12kg at a guess carrying a couple water bottles, clothes etc… with no real rigidity in there to stop the pannier squishing

Aha
Same set up as mine with SW Motech QD rails and panniers
3a8b734314d17395a2cfe5ea805720b7.jpg

However I do use rear bracket that attaches to the oem number plate holder - so there are 4 mounting points each side for rigidity

Sorry to hear that happened and thanks for the tip off, I will check mine now

Dont be surprised if you get, failed to declare , insurance voided - no cover
Really? I thought for a no cover, the modification would have had a causal effect on the accident. I believe they can say no cover to a mod that wasn't declared, but not void the policy.

As an aside, the OP will still need to declare the claim for the next five years, regardless of protected no claims or not. It could end up costing more in the longer term.

Well this is an interesting turn up for the books

I'm sorry, is this the same bike:

- panniers and frames (c.£900 to replace)
- rear rim from the flat (c.£650 for the rim)
- swingarm is dinked and scratched
- exhaust hanger welded to the frame is scratched and bent
- hand guard is scratched

???

I keep getting more convinced that motor insurance repairs are increasingly resembling USA healthcare... artificially inflated price and services.

Back
Top Bottom