For Sale Motorcycle clothing Web sites ?

Buying any clothing from EU recently is a complete faff and a false economy!!
You can get all the stuff from usual suspects in the UK hassle free and might even get to try on before buying. Spend in the UK and keep all our good shops open. Same price anyway after the customs labyrinth. 🤔
 
Well I replied to the E Mail from Parcel Force regarding Custom Duties , VAT and Admin fees on my parcel pointing out it was below £135 , including Louis UK VAT registration details and the parcels VAT payment reference and queried why I was going to be charged .

Result , no reply from Parcel Force but the parcel was delivered to my door this afternoon without any further costs , still going to be very careful about buying anything over the £135 limit .

In this case the stuff I was after in not available in the UK as it is own brand stuff
 
Result , no reply from Parcel Force but the parcel was delivered to my door this afternoon without any further costs , still going to be very careful about buying anything over the £135 limit .

That’s good news.

The more that people take real action to highlight sharp (or simply, wrong) practices with the couriers, the better.

:beerjug:
 
I bought a clutch kit from Louis Moto a couple of months ago for around £200 (the best price I could find in the UK was around £360). The customs charges were over £50, but Louis Moto refunded these after I emailed them photos showing the fees paid to Royal Mail. They mention the promise to refund charges on their website.
The madness of Brexit means we all pay higher prices and have less choice. It's basic economics; a smaller, more restrictive, market and less competition means higher prices. I used to buy lots of motorcycle and cycle parts direct from Germany-good prices and great service.
Europe produces the stuff we want to buy in the UK and they want to buy the stuff we produce. And it's geographically close, which is no small matter in an age of rising fuel prices.
 
I bought a clutch kit from Louis Moto a couple of months ago for around £200 (the best price I could find in the UK was around £360). The customs charges were over £50, but Louis Moto refunded these after I emailed them photos showing the fees paid to Royal Mail. They mention the promise to refund charges on their website.
The madness of Brexit means we all pay higher prices and have less choice. It's basic economics; a smaller, more restrictive, market and less competition means higher prices. I used to buy lots of motorcycle and cycle parts direct from Germany-good prices and great service.
Europe produces the stuff we want to buy in the UK and they want to buy the stuff we produce. And it's geographically close, which is no small matter in an age of rising fuel prices.
Pre Brexit if I wanted VAG parts and the dealer network did not have them in stock in the UK they would be sent via courier from Germany and it would usually be a maximum of 24 to 48 hours from placing the order .

Last two obscure parts I needed it took weeks because as explained by VW and Audi parts staff due to the complexities and costs of importing parts into the UK ie each item has to be individually listed , weighed and values stated on Customs Dockets it is no longer viable to bring in daily parts deliveries from Europe as it ends up too costly .

Instead the items are gathered up on the Continent and then a fortnightly order is processed and sent via a container to the UK where the parts are then distributed via the UK spares system
 


Back
Top Bottom