MT-09 Tracer.....

I bet its not either but would like to know what the OTR charges are. I will ring them tomorrow.

Standard price is £8200 OTR inc £135 to DVLA for registration & RFL. I'm not aware of anyone getting a discount on that price although dealers seem to be quite generous with discounts on accessories.

The other thing some dealers are doing is charging for labour on the 1st service. This was included in my £8200 and I just paid £43 for a filter, oil & sundries.

Just gave them a ring to be told it was a mistake putting it on Ebay. They are a fixed price via Yamaha and cant be discounted just yet. I asked why they hadnt taken it off only to be told it was a genuine mistake but had drawn a lot of interest to the shop! Go figure.

a bunch of chancers: someone else reported on the FJ09 forum that they were told it was a demo bike and had been sold - now that is bollocks as the 1st bikes were only shipped to dealers last month and to claim a demo rebate from Yamaha a dealer will have to keep the bike available to customers for a minimum period. I had this conversation with a local dealer when I rode an MT07 and asked when he would be selling it, as a mate was interested in saving a few quid.

Seven ducks in a row - they guys at Infinity, who have a Yamaha dealership in another location, were rather gobsmacked when these arrived in the course of an hour. Neither of the two had actually seen one in the flesh before.

Attachments

• 2015-04-06 10.59.26.jpg
    2015-04-06 10.59.26.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 891
  • infinity2.jpg
    infinity2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 841
Seven ducks in a row - they guys at Infinity, who have a Yamaha dealership in another location, were rather gobsmacked when these arrived in the course of an hour. Neither of the two had actually seen one in the flesh before.

And only one in the proper colours!:D

MT 09 Tracer ordered

This looks like tremendous value, £8149 and it's got a centre stand, full LED headlights, traction control etc.

I was considering a VSTROM 1000 but it's hard to ignore the apparent value of this Yamaha.

The MT-09 had some cam chain tensioner issues. I'm guessing this is a problem no more?
:):)

Ordered a red Tracer a couple of weeks ago after a great test ride. I have had my GS for 8 years now and done 30k trouble free riding. I cannot fault the GS its me it seems to be getting heavier and my legs getting shorter. My reason for swapping are i am getting very apprehensive about slow speed maneuvering.

The tracer was so much lighter and smoother with a much better gearbox and superior brakes. I just hope i dont regret it el;se it will be back to a gs.

:):)

Ordered a red Tracer a couple of weeks ago after a great test ride. I have had my GS for 8 years now and done 30k trouble free riding. I cannot fault the GS its me it seems to be getting heavier and my legs getting shorter. My reason for swapping are i am getting very apprehensive about slow speed maneuvering.

The tracer was so much lighter and smoother with a much better gearbox and superior brakes. I just hope i dont regret it el;se it will be back to a gs.

You won't. I changed for the same reason, from a Super Tenere. Loved the ST but it was too heavy. I've done 1200 miles on the Tracer in the last month and it is a great bike.

puts me right off even thinking about the bike now.

Thats a bit precious of you..are your feelings hurt ? ..have you taken offence at something..?...:comfort

How in the fucking fuck can someone who's going to spend Eight and a half thousand pounds of their hard earned money, and which will have taken a lot of thought and cross-comparison with other makes to decide upon.... be put off a bike by someone else putting an advert on Ebay ??...Is it fucking well me ?..i really don't think so

Great to hear that i am not the only one to have the same prob. Two of my mates have swapped their GS's for BMW F800GT's for similar reasons.
I like the F800 but it does not excite me like the Tracer. Went on a quick trip over the channel last week and im not very impressed with the performance of the F800 like i was when i test rode the Tracer. Cant wait until the delivery day 2nd May its going to be a long month. Im like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Great to hear that i am not the only one to have the same prob. Two of my mates have swapped their GS's for BMW F800GT's for similar reasons.
I like the F800 but it does not excite me like the Tracer. Went on a quick trip over the channel last week and im not very impressed with the performance of the F800 like i was when i test rode the Tracer. Cant wait until the delivery day 2nd May its going to be a long month. Im like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I've bought a Tracer for the same reason, I've had 2 R1200GS's and a Crosstourer and this is soooo light by comparison it definitely suits all my needs at the moment :thumb2 I'm not far from you up in Stafford, got mine from Tamworth Yamaha who have been great to deal with :thumb

I've just completed 800 miles on my tracer . The novelty has not worn off and I'm still gob smacked about the engine . It just pulls and pulls . Could this be the perfect all rounder ??

I've just completed 800 miles on my tracer . The novelty has not worn off and I'm still gob smacked about the engine . It just pulls and pulls . Could this be the perfect all rounder ??

There have been some fine examples in the past of the Universal Japanese Motorcycle such as the Suzuki Bandit but the Tracer has raised the bar with the cracking engine and electronic wizardry normally saved for more expensive models

Back
Top Bottom