My first BIG Adventure (EU2026)

I enjoyed the write-up, logical, informative, clear and just good, very good.
As for the lights....What is it with the Brits? I just don`t understand it.

Next time it looks as though you are going to be stopped by the fascist oppressors of the people, flick `em all onto high beam and melt them and make a hasty get away. (y) :D
 
My tent sits in its own Ortlieb 24 L rack pack across the back seat , means if it’s wet ,, it does not soak ought else .
It is A useful way to do it if you are running solo ,as I use carabiner clips , to clip the tent,s Ortlieb bag onto the the bags on the pannier tops , this makes it a complete unit and vastly lessens the chances of losing anything .👍
Yeah, I think that's what I will be doing. I don't ride with a pillion any more, so that space is free. So looks like the tent has a new home on outings :)
 
I enjoyed the write-up, logical, informative, clear and just good, very good.
As for the lights....What is it with the Brits? I just don`t understand it.

Next time it looks as though you are going to be stopped by the fascist oppressors of the people, flick `em all onto high beam and melt them and make a hasty get away. (y) :D
Is it a Brit thing? Am I'm sure I've seen non-Brit bikes on various channels with that setup?
 
Is it a Brit thing? Am I'm sure I've seen non-Brit bikes on various channels with that setup?
I have not been in the UK for a fair while now, live in Portugal, so Spain and PT are my regular haunts, I cannot say I have seen excessive use of illumination in the last 7 - 8 years, I often go to the Geodesic Centre of PT, just off the N2 and it is a regular haunt for adventurists.
 
just come back from ES and friend has a zontes 368 and i was slagging him off about the standard fit lights and asked him if he was gonna put some more on :D

as soon as youre out of the town/villages here its like youve put a bag over your head

he said the spanish dont like the lights thing and aftermarket not allowed they will stop you and tell you to take them off (its part of the itv too it wont pass) - also applies to other vehicles so theyre not picking on bikes

even the oe lights from manufacturers are now not allowed the spanish changed the rules - even non local stuff might be stopped and told even tho spanish cant techincally do anything about that

so a safety item and its non from the europeans

hmmm

driving back from there to airport did see adv stuff - and they all had extra on :D
 
had to google Kaiserschmarn :D

upset now (ironically i went to buy snacks for the plane over and bought some dutch pancakes :D )

wanted to do caldo while here and forgot but i think thats an asturias/galicia thing (must go back there too )

that hotel looked nuts from the outside

i dont think youre awesome steed was overloaded theres no tent on the back or no harley trailer right :D
 
That's a traditional Austrian dish called Kaiserschmarn. I absolutely love the stuff. You can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner or as dessert :D
Never heard of it, but it's making my mouth water!
 
I've read on a FB group about touring in Spain that a few people have been stopped for using auxiliary lights. Generally just get told to turn them off, but some have been given on-the-spot fines. This includes the BMW factory auxiliary lights which, according to the Spanish police, are for use in fog, NOT as daytime riding lights.
 
I've read on a FB group about touring in Spain that a few people have been stopped for using auxiliary lights. Generally just get told to turn them off, but some have been given on-the-spot fines. This includes the BMW factory auxiliary lights which, according to the Spanish police, are for use in fog, NOT as daytime riding lights.
Sounds like bollocks to me. Interacted with the cops many times in Spain and they have never said anything apart from my headlight protector can't be blue. So I flipped it down.
 
Nice report and some great photos. Someone certainly has a sweet tooth though! :)🍰
 
Loved the drone footage of the Eagle's Nest! I'm amazed they still allow you to fly one there. So many places now have 'No Drone' signage.

I travelled once with a tent and associated gear, but then found once in France, that a Mr Bed was only around 25 euros a night, so have never bothered strapping the stuff on since!
 
I've always put the tent up there, but that said, a few folk have mentioned the same thing. I'm going to review my setup anyway and will definitely factor it in. 👍🏾

Heavy stuff as low as possible.

A lovely trip with great photographs. I bet you can't wait for the next one.
 


Back
Top Bottom