Myth versus fact 1250 variable valve trouble

roundincircles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was out and about on my 1250 GS today beginning to appreciate the smooth engine, its extra torque laden performance, the smoother esa blah blah and stop in Finchingfield for a dead pig sarnie.

Oh, have you had the variable valve stick yet? It happens between 1200 and 5000 miles.....the dealers are worried.....others wade in, yes my mate's bike has gone in blah blah

What's the facts. Anybody know?

I was out and about on my 1250 GS today beginning to appreciate the smooth engine, its extra torque laden performance, the smoother esa blah blah and stop in Finchingfield for a dead pig sarnie.

Oh, have you had the variable valve stick yet? It happens between 1200 and 5000 miles.....the dealers are worried.....others wade in, yes my mate's bike has gone in blah blah

Just enjoy the dead pig sarnie, far more interesting...........:D

Don't worry - they'll fix it in the same recall when the fix the leaking front callipers...

:rolllaugh:rolllaugh:rolllaugh

Latest report engine seizing at 2,500 miles

Do you recommend stopping at 2,499 miles to turn the engine off.... pushing it until 2,501 miles and then turn engine back on.

Is that the glitch remedy?

It’s already known as the ‘shit cam’ , just like the first water cooled 1200 was known as the ‘toilet’ - don’t worry BMW say it should last about 50,000 miles before it needs replacing;)

Did BMW ever issue it's Mechanical Report to Kevin Ash's widow?

Or is that still going through the Warranty system?
It got withheld on legal grounds, even from the coroner, so nobody outside BMW knows what the report says.

One conclusion could be, if it exonerated BMW it would have been released.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It got withheld on legal grounds, even from the coroner, so nobody outside BMW knows what the report says.

One conclusion could be, if it exonerated BMW it would have been released.

And the guy who was injured when his rear wheel spokes collapsed in the outside lane of a motorway.....

And the guy who was injured when his front forks separated from the bike.....

But don't worry, it's all under Warranty.

This Warranty position boils my piss. It's cheap crap cost cutting risking lives... YOU CANT DO THAT ON MOTORCYCLES... IT CAN KILL THE RIDER...

< Rant Mode Off

And the guy who was injured when his rear wheel spokes collapsed in the outside lane of a motorway.....

And the guy who was injured when his front forks separated from the bike.....

But don't worry, it's all under Warranty.
All one offs, nobody else has had any problems.

Now Sir, how very dare you to suggest that corrosion is a common problem.

Move along, nothing to see. Next

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

All one offs, nobody else has had any problems.

Now Sir, how very dare you to suggest that corrosion is a common problem.

Move along, nothing to see. Next

That speech must be on Page One of the BMW Sales Executives Handbook.... the Bullshit Mantra Warranty : BMW

Back
Top Bottom