NEC? It’s all happening on Traveldri Plus!

That's it! Set up Friday is dun and dusted and Traveldri looks great. The two companies I've been hinting about are set up and ready to go and Simon Gandolfi's new book as arrived - copies are on display and it looks good. I mentioned before I think that Simon is launching his book on Traveldri.

Not only that though. Les has a selection of books he's not had before, including American Borders by Carla King. This book is really hard to find in the UK and it's an excellent read. Les only has 10 copies so grab it while you can :)

As for me? Set up and ready to go. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. The first day of any show is a buzz, but there's none that compares with this one I always think. I hope to see you there.
Cheers for now,
Sam :)

Good grief! What a day! The show is simply magnificent and the atmosphere in there today has been superb.
Traveldri-Plus has had a great day and so have I. Loads of friends have popped over to say hello. It's one of the things I love about a show like this. I'm delighted to say that books sales have been really good for me and I know that Simon Gandolfi has done really well too. He had a crowd round him all day! His new book is going down a storm already.
And, it's only fair now If I tell you who the guests are on Traveldri - Metal Mule and SW Motech! Great kit and I understand from them that they have been successful too.
I think most retailers were worried that money might be short this year but the show is so good I don't think that's a worry. After all, motorcycling is all about the feel good factor isn't it.
And now, time to rest my feet! I hope you guys have all had a great day too. Catch you soon!

I have to start this post of with a big thanks to several people, but first of all, Bladerunner!!! You lived up to your promise with the coffee! Brilliant. Many thanks it was really welcome. I enjoyed you staying for a chat too. Many thanks. :)

And that leads me on to all the other UKGSers who have stopped off to say hello, and to buy copies of books from me. Many thanks guys, its been great to link up and I really appreciate your support with the books. I hope you all have had great days at the show. Pretty good this year isn’t it.

And the show on Traveldri-Plus? Going really well thankfully – I’m delighted with book sales too, both of mine and Les’s. Paddy Tyson's book The hunt for Puerto del Fraglioli (think I've spelt that right) has been going great gns - so it shoud - terrific read. And Simon Gandolfi has been doing really well with his two books. He will be on the stand right through until Sunday night so... Catch him if you can :)

Traveldri-Plus had a new guest author on the stand at the show today. Gordon May is the author of Overland to India. It’s the tale of his journey from the UK to India on an Enfield Bullet. I really enjoyed it. He talks about prep for the bike and journey and the tales of the road across Asia. I love the way he describes meeting people. He treats everyone with real respect and that of course means that he has some great adventures. He's been a complete gent to work alongside too. He happlly got stuck in with selling Les's other books and even picked up customers for me when I was talking with other customers. Nice one! Typical Gordon! :)

And now great bits of news re Traveldri Plus. The first? Tomorrow, you'll find the very excellent Chris Scott, adventurer and author of many travel books including the Adventure Motorcycling Hand book, signing on the stand. As you guys know, this is the book that everyone planning a big trip should read first. I need say no more to you guys.

And the second bit of news is that the one and only Austin Vince will be book signing on Traveldri-Plus tomorrow. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone about Austin but in case you haven't come across his DVDs and book Mondo Enduro... check him out on the stand tomorrow. You'll enjoy!!! I’ve no doubt he’ll be mobbed as usual, but a request please. If you stop off to snag DVDs or his book – please don’t sand in front of mine while you do so! :)

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow or over the weekend – weather’s lining up to be great for the show's last two days!!!
Cheers, Sam

And another great day has rolled through at the Motorcycle Live show. Many thanks to everyone who has stopped off today. Great to see you guys. I hope you all enjoyed the show. I ver much did, though I’m not too sure my feet are of the same opinion! :)

As you’ll know its been a buzzy day on Traveldri-Plus again – far busier at the show today than anyone expected. And today has been spiced up no end by Chris Scott (Adventure Motorcycle Handbook and…) and Austin Vince (Mondo Enduro and…) joining Simon Gandolfi and I to do book signing today. Fun guys to be around!!! :)

And now for tomorrow, which starts of with the good news that Austin is going to be able to stay up an extra day. See you over the weekend I hope.
Cheers,
Sam
PS This shot was taken by Dave ‘Grylls’ Rhodes who is up at the show representing Metal Mule Panniers. A very knowledgeable and helpful guy. Thanks Dave!

Attachments

• IMG_5195 Four Authors c.jpg
    IMG_5195 Four Authors c.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 107
You are a cynic Kaister :) But on that subject - sharing the fun of the road (and encouraging people to get out there) I mean, I hear that Austin and Lois are in the final stages of getting the Film Festival set up for this coming summer. If you didn't make it to the last one he and Lois did, then have a go for this one. Well worth it!

But the pic below? The four Traveldri-Plus crew. Really good people to work with. And yes, I know Les, Jane, Sue and Pete are friends, but I love the way they look after people. I didn't hear one single bit of bull on the stand for the whole show (except from one or two custmers trying to pull a fast one that is : ). Just good solid advice given in a friendly warm fashion. I have a lot of time for people like this.

The show as a whole? If you haven't heard yet, attendance was up a giant 14%! It felt like it too. :) I suspect that some of that was down to the snow we had last year but even so, in these economic times...

Hope you guys enjoyed the show. Thanks for stopping off with me, and for those of you who bought books, a huge thank you. I hope you enjoy.

And a final thought - yes Kaister, pure 'wave' marketing here from me :) if you are thinking about buying mates Christmas presents, how about a copy of one of my books? Just a thought :)

All the best,
Sam

Attachments

• IMG_5212 TDP c.jpg
    IMG_5212 TDP c.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 48
Y......
And a final thought - yes Kaister, pure 'wave' marketing here from me :) if you are thinking about buying mates Christmas presents, how about a copy of one of my books? Just a thought :)

All the best,
Sam

Thanks - but I'm not thinking about buying them presents - maybe a beer tho

nice effort tho :)

:thumb

It's had a good run now, so it may be gathering momentum as more new bikes are available to that sector

You maybe right but I would guess the 'adventure motorcycle' thing has got another 5 years. Yes there will still people riding GS's and going camping at weekends, one or two may even go away on holiday for longer than a fortnight but not in the numbers that they are now.

The future as I see it is vans, campers, cars & trailers, smaller bikes and classics.

How about an electric overlandng bike? The tech can't be that far off. But then again, I'm not sure if I want to see the Indian B&B owners electricity bill after a visit... :)

Back
Top Bottom