Neotec 2

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
having followed the thread on the Neotec vs C5 which was very interesting particularly the link from Motorlegends which gave a good comparison I am tempted to try one on. They say the Neotec 3 will only be mid 2024 at the earliest as it seems no need to replace the 2 apart from the new ''standards'' which the C5 has.
What I do have a query on is the comms. I have always had Schuberth because of the built in comms. The C4 was a crap lid with crappy comms and earlier this year I bought the C4Pro. They said they had ironed out all the issues which I dispute. Closing the lid cuts the battery contacts and the comms shut down. Useless. Pinlock is better but I still ma not 100% happy with the fit.
The Neotec has the new Sena mesh system but you have to fit it yourself by removing all the lining etc. Seesm such a pain in the ass to do. Is it really or is is relatively easy to do? Also does the coms come with extra batteries or do you simply charge the one built in?

having followed the thread on the Neotec vs C5 which was very interesting particularly the link from Motorlegends which gave a good comparison I am tempted to try one on. They say the Neotec 3 will only be mid 2024 at the earliest as it seems no need to replace the 2 apart from the new ''standards'' which the C5 has.
What I do have a query on is the comms. I have always had Schuberth because of the built in comms. The C4 was a crap lid with crappy comms and earlier this year I bought the C4Pro. They said they had ironed out all the issues which I dispute. Closing the lid cuts the battery contacts and the comms shut down. Useless. Pinlock is better but I still ma not 100% happy with the fit.
The Neotec has the new Sena mesh system but you have to fit it yourself by removing all the lining etc. Seesm such a pain in the ass to do. Is it really or is is relatively easy to do? Also does the coms come with extra batteries or do you simply charge the one built in?

Neotec compatible with two types of Sena comms. Older SRL and latest MESH system. I am yet to buy my Neotec 2, however already purchased my MESH comms for it.

[mention]Arsey [/mention] had a number of Neotec lids over the past few years, and recently has upgraded his own and his wife’s lids with the MESH sisytem. I would say it is reasonably easy to do, for anyone who hasn’t got the spa usage finger stumps.

I've had my Neotec 2 for years and love it, the fitting of the SRL is very easy, loads of vids on YouTube which will help.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

SRL is very easy to fit to the Neotec 2 and mine works perfect with the bikes TFT. I recently bought a new one and used Motolegends price beat system. Ended up with a current graphic version for £506, which as a great saving. If you buy the comms at the same time, you save the 20% vat as well.

Reactions: KJB
What about battery? Is there a replacement or is it all built in. From what I can see its all built in so no replacement. What if the battery fails do you have to buy a whole new unit?
....and Louis.de are doing the Neotec 2 Separator TC-3 for EURO 519. That's a huge difference to Motorlegends......

What about battery? Is there a replacement or is it all built in. From what I can see its all built in so no replacement. What if the battery fails do you have to buy a whole new unit?
....and Louis.de are doing the Neotec 2 Separator TC-3 for EURO 519. That's a huge difference to Motorlegends......

From memory the battery is built in, though how easy it is to remove I don't know. My battery is four years old and still going strong.

The €519 will need our beloved VAT / import duties etc etc added I'll guess, and then the price will become very similar to the Motolegends one for us UK buyers.

Neotec 2. Best helmet & comms I've ever had. Mine has the sena built in comms. Now 3 years old and still going strong.

I have just come from a Shoei GT-Air II with SRL2 comms to a HJC with Cardo Freecom/JBL

If music is your main reason for wanting comms.......the Cardo is on another level to Sena.

I don't use intercom and "rarely" take a phone call......so music performance is far more important to me.
(obviously just an opinion.....not looking to start WW3)

S20 5G sent this......

The C4 Pro gets a lot of stick but my experience with a C4 Pro Carbon has been absolutely trouble-free. I'm puzzled by your comment that closing it cuts the battery contacts - do you have any idea how this occurs?

Having said this I have just bought a C5 - I like the lid but in my view there are a couple of things they could have done better on the comms side - why couldn't they power the remote from the main unit battery? and why change from an unobtrusive mic on the side to a boom thing that just gets in the way, there being very little space between chin and front section?

The C5 is also noticeably heavier than the C4 Pro Carbon but I suspect that the new C5 Carbon is well out of my price bracket, if indeed it's intended for bike riders.

Neotec 2 is an excellent helmet (if it fits and siuits your head) and the Mesh system is similarly good.

If you buy them as a pair in the UK, the dealership should knock the VAT off the Sena’s cost.

Fitting is straightforward or, if you ask nicely, Infinity at Holborn will do it for you. I guess this only applies to helmets / Mesh bought from them. They will also price match, within reason.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GAsIaBUinI4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As to the other question:

https://www.gl1800riders.com/threads/neotec-sena-srl-battery-replacement.474393/

:beerjug:

I had the same problem in my old fist generation C4. When I flipped the lid to close the jolt would for split second cause the battery to disconnect from the contacts effectively turning it off. I thought they had resolved this one with the C4 Pro which I bought last year but alas, no, same issue. When I flip the lid closed the same happens. I have tried putting a small piece of paper to pressure the battery against the contacts and others have recommended wrapping the battery in electrical tape to make the fit into the slot tighter. If I close the front piece very gently its fine but sometimes I forget and have the same problem. This is one issues they did NOT fix. Other issues such as the pinlok and putting the mic into the cheek pads is an improvement. Have tried the Neotec 2 and find there is more chin room which the C4 Pro did not have so have bought the Neotec 2 with the comms for an all in price of EURO 840 which is pretty good really. Thats with tax and delivered to me in NL. Seems the UK prices are still a bit higher......

Neotec 2 is an excellent helmet (if it fits and siuits your head) and the Mesh system is similarly good.

If you buy them as a pair in the UK, the dealership should knock the VAT off the Sena’s cost.

Fitting is straightforward or, if you ask nicely, Infinity at Holborn will do it for you. I guess this only applies to helmets / Mesh bought from them. They will also price match, within reason.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GAsIaBUinI4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As to the other question:

https://www.gl1800riders.com/threads/neotec-sena-srl-battery-replacement.474393/

:beerjug:

looking for a newer version for the installation as the SRL mesh system comes with the 2 antennae and I'd like to know where they have to go. guess i can read the instructions when it all arrives....:bounce1

Ooops, wrong video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lfuPT60K7dA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Re the battery it’s four screws and you cam pull the plug easily and change the battery.

M and P have a cracking deal advertised on Facebook https://fb.watch/kl9Um63mXU/
Two of our group ( me being one) have just bought the Neotec 2 and Sena SRL Mesh.....the M&P deal is excellent, but we got Motolegends to price beat it, which gave us 10 percent off the M&P deal....Helmet and Sena for £539 with free postage . Cracking :clap

Fitting the comms is easy, it just clips in to place. You just need to remove the cheek pieces which are also just clipped in and designed to be removed for washing/replacement. No batteries to change, charge from a USB socket. Mesh is great, but will not last a full day on the bike. We’ve learnt to carry power banks and simply charge them at lunch/coffee stops. If you don’t use the mesh function battery will easily last a day.

Helmet City West Bay (and probably their other branches) will fit intercoms to any helmet if you buy from them. They will also pair it with your phone. Buy the kit, leave it with them for 30 minutes while you go next door to Windy Corner café for coffee and cake and Robert's your mother's brother. Best done midweek, when the shop is quieter.

Helmet City West Bay (and probably their other branches) will fit intercoms to any helmet if you buy from them. They will also pair it with your phone. Buy the kit, leave it with them for 30 minutes while you go next door to Windy Corner café for coffee and cake and Robert's your mother's brother. Best done midweek, when the shop is quieter.

As will Infinity branches, though it’s pretty straightforward to do it yourself, once you have done it once.

I have both a C4 and a Neotec 2, both fitted with Sena comms (SC1A and SRL respectively), both integrate fine with the BMW whizz wheel (except for a non-functioning volume control). The Neotec SRC unit is modified to output to a 3.5mm stereo audio jack for my UE monitors rather than the helmet speakers.

The advantage of the C4 is that I can swap out batteries and put the spares on charge in my tankbag. I like to enjoy a bit on music whilst touring and half a days music will drain my C4 comms, so a fresh battery during a petrol stop keeps the music flowing all day. In terms of quality, comfort and quietness the Neotec is in a different league to the C4.

Not toured with the Neotec yet (I'm off next week to Italy with it) but I can't see the internal SRL comms battery lasting all day if playing music, I may have to carry a long USB cable and plug it in to keep it running/charging whilst riding all day.

Back
Top Bottom