Oh dear, I’ve got a hankering for a Harley again

I’ve got my GSA up for sale to release some spondulicks to pay for my wife’s exuberance with the landscaping in the garden. I should have around 10k left, so I’m pondering what to buy.

I think it will be a Roadking either way, but what to go for?

What is the panels recommendation regarding what year bike to go for?

Currently looking at what looks like a nice 2008 105 anniversary for £8k, but there’s a 2013 up the road for 11k. Harley prices are a nightmare because 99% of owners think their bike is worth far more than it really is and selling a high value toy is not easy these days.
Don’t do it done it twice also a rocket 111 always go back to gs lol

Looks like this will be joining the garage toys next weekend.

2016 103 Roadking with 12,000 miles. Looks tidy, and he has the original fuel cap and fuel gauge (it has some awful skull contraptions currently).

The final year for the Rushmore Twin Cam, right? If so that's a good year, regardless congratulations.

Looks like this will be joining the garage toys next weekend.

2016 103 Roadking with 12,000 miles. Looks tidy, and he has the original fuel cap and fuel gauge (it has some awful skull contraptions currently).
Looks very tidy.(y)

The final year for the Rushmore Twin Cam, right? If so that's a good year, regardless congratulations.
It is, strangely, it has a cable clutch (I’m sure I read the Rushmore bikes went to hydraulic). I guess there’ll be no need to worry about oil migration from the gearbox on this one?

What is a fair price to pay for such a machine? I feel like Ive got a good deal, but it’s always nice to know the collectives opinion. There’s a sea of overpriced tat out there, I feel that this one may have been the wise choice.

So 2014-2016 RK's were the same with 2017 starting the M8. My 2015 RK had a cable clutch (thankfully). I sold it last year for $14,000 and it was in nice shape, 15,000 miles, FP3, SE CVO slip-ons, heated grips, seat, and extra windshield, but I'm sure values are different here.

Only a few more days left.

Come on chaps, what would be a fair price to pay? I know it’s subjective, but I’d like to know if I have achieved bargain status 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2268.jpeg
    IMG_2268.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 73
Was it for sale nr. Brum for about £3k on facebook marketplace? If so, I reported it as a scam as the pics in the ad were from Sycamore H-D

So, here she is (without the silly skull filler cap and fuel gauge).

I paid £10k 2016 with 12700 miles on her.

Seemed like a reasonable price, the bike is pretty much spotless with full dealer history.

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpeg
    IMG_2277.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2278.jpeg
    IMG_2278.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2279.jpeg
    IMG_2279.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 62
I found out today that my rear shocks aren’t holding air (that might explain the hideously rubbish suspension that jars the spine over the merest hint of a lump in the road).

Turns out the link pipe to the right shock had slid in to the rear wheel under the mudguard and destroyed itself.

The shocks themselves seem fine, very clean, no oil. So I purchased 1/8th NPT schrader valves and removed the joint fill system. Both shocks now have air and seem to be holding, so all is good 👍

Did some wheel cleaning too, easy enough and great results.

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpeg
    IMG_2291.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 51
Sharp RK there, Flip.
Thanks, just wish I still had the mustang seats off my old RKS.

Still looking for a nice seating option that’ll look better (and not cost a million pounds!).

Next on the list is a set of 1 1/4 Apes internally wired 👍

Thanks, just wish I still had the mustang seats off my old RKS.

Still looking for a nice seating option that’ll look better (and not cost a million pounds!).
I would feel the same, the stock RK seat has you pretty low and scrunched up to the tank. I found a seat off an 09 Electra Glide Standard for my RK and it was perfect.

Gleaming is that Flipfly.
It doesn’t handle like the RKS!,,,

Fook me, I‘m sweating trying to keep up with Mrs Flipfly on her 1250….even when she’s cruising 😂

It’s much better with some air in the shocks, but it desperately needs better tyres and better suspension……..or alternatively, I‘ll just keep laughing my arse off as it wobbles uncontrollably down the road 😂

I guess it’s stopping me from riding too fast, which is kind of the intention of buying it.

Yeah suspension and overall weight are the shortcomings on these bikes. The suspension can be improved, I was looking into that myself but ended up moving on to something else.

Back
Top Bottom