Oh shit! moment …

OldCroc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whilst rinsing off the salt after yesterday’s ride I found this. Don’t want to think about what could have happened …!
Both bolts had evidence of thread lock but still came loose.
i don’t know much about thread lock so any suggestions as to which one to use as I understand they come in different strengths - much appreciated!
IMG_3522.jpeg

a couple of drops of Blue NOT slathered in it

Also Torque them with a known good torque wrench!! AND when torqued get a tippex Marker and mark a line from the centre of the bolt outwards and onto the frame in a way that you can see it with just a glance

They are known as Witness marks and were used in the factory

What would have happened? You would have started to notice the footrest becoming more and more wobbley or the sidestand moving more than it should!

Do a check around that everything is tight and satisfy yourself that nothing else is loose

Witness marks are handy because you can immediately see if a line is broken and like the hands of a clock rather than a straight line

a couple of drops of Blue NOT slathered in it

Also Torque them with a known good torque wrench!! AND when torqued get a tippex Marker and mark a line from the centre of the bolt outwards and onto the frame in a way that you can see it with just a glance

They are known as Witness marks and were used in the factory

perfect 👍

Back
Top Bottom