ORS Alternatives

We Make Life A Ride

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for off road training courses, preferably on a GS but not essential that are not as eye wateringly expensive as the Off Road Skills courses.

Ideally the offer will include beginner (for Mrs) and intermediate (for me).

Anybody recommend a good company that provides these courses at reasonable price. Yamaha Off Road in Wales is a decent option but as I say ideally I'd like to hire a GS and not a Tenere.

Thanks all.

Why do you say the ORS are "eye warteringly expensive"?
Just over £250 per day including your lunch, evening meal, their bike, fuel, etc is no more than Mick Extance, Sweet Lamb and the others.
You're looking at it wrong.

I don't think I am looking at it wrong. Your making the assumption that I a) want a 2 day course and b) want accomodation and feeding.

Well I don't! I just want to ride the bikes and learn and I'd like to do 1 day at a time.

Besides. I'm not hear to nit pick. I just asked for alternatives.

Why do you say the ORS are "eye warteringly expensive"?
Just over £250 per day including your lunch, evening meal, their bike, fuel, etc is no more than Mick Extance, Sweet Lamb and the others.
You're looking at it wrong.
Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing. £250 for a day's professional training is not expensive. Training schools are businesses with lots of overheads such as rents and rates, back office staff to pay, taxes such as VAT to pay, professional indemnity and liability insurance costs and computer systems and many other costs.

There are some trainers that are really good and independant of the major manufacturers, but generally have much smaller set ups and require you to use your own bike which means having suitable tyres on and being prepared to drop it. One I've used is A.R.T. training that does training in Thetford and the Peak district, he's great and does ladies only days as well. I suspect you will find a few similar closer to you in Wales and also echo Mick Extance as he can arrange training on your own bikes too (although I highly recommend his day on a Beta X-Trainer for £250 which makes going off road pretty effortless regardless of skill level - he will accomodate all skill levels, even those learning to ride).

There are some trainers that are really good and independant of the major manufacturers, but generally have much smaller set ups and require you to use your own bike which means having suitable tyres on and being prepared to drop it. One I've used is A.R.T. training that does training in Thetford and the Peak district, he's great and does ladies only days as well. I suspect you will find a few similar closer to you in Wales and also echo Mick Extance as he can arrange training on your own bikes too (although I highly recommend his day on a Beta X-Trainer for £250 which makes going off road pretty effortless regardless of skill level - he will accomodate all skill levels, even those learning to ride).
Thanks for sharing this recommendation - I’ve been looking for a school local to me and this seems to fit the bill!

Just had another day at MickExtance offroad school. Cracking day out, getting more confident each visit. Even had a go on his sons EV trials bike. Their getting a few more in time, I guess a few years it’ll be all EVs.

Attachments

• IMG_3712.jpeg
    IMG_3712.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom