Otterburn Mill Sale

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody in the area will know that the outdoor clothing shop has been flooded a few times over the past four or five years, they got hit again in the latest storm and are having a sale of clothing that has been in the damp environment. We popped in yesterday and got £300 worth of mainly mid baselayer and baselayer kit for £70.

Quick run through the washing machine just in case , but some canny deals........ while we were there someone got a pair of £85 sketchers for £50 because the boxes had been water damaged but not the shoes which were on a higher display shelf

Anybody in the area will know that the outdoor clothing shop has been flooded a few times over the past four or five years, they got hit again in the latest storm and are having a sale of clothing that has been in the damp environment. We popped in yesterday and got £300 worth of mainly mid baselayer and baselayer kit for £70.

Quick run through the washing machine just in case , but some canny deals........ while we were there someone got a pair of £85 sketchers for £50 because the boxes had been water damaged but not the shoes which were on a higher display shelf
Bugger, hadn't realised that. Me and a mate popped in to their cafe for a coffee while we were out for a ride yesterday* as our usual haunt was shut.

* Corbridge, up the A68 to West Woodburn, west through Bellingham and across to Kielder, keep following that road across the border until it meets the B6357. Follow that north, then east to the A6088. Join the A68 at Carter Bar (obligatory photo stop, blowing a hoolie), then down the A68. Stop for a coffee at Rochester… or we would have done, if it had been open… down the A68 then A696 to Otterburn, which was open. Keep going down the A696, then for a bit of variety head east on the B6342 past Kirkharle, back to the A68 and down to Corbridge. Decent weather for it.

Bugger, hadn't realised that. Me and a mate popped in to their cafe for a coffee while we were out for a ride yesterday* as our usual haunt was shut.

* Corbridge, up the A68 to West Woodburn, west through Bellingham and across to Kielder, keep following that road across the border until it meets the B6357. Follow that north, then east to the A6088. Join the A68 at Carter Bar (obligatory photo stop, blowing a hoolie), then down the A68. Stop for a coffee at Rochester… or we would have done, if it had been open… down the A68 then A696 to Otterburn, which was open. Keep going down the A696, then for a bit of variety head east on the B6342 past Kirkharle, back to the A68 and down to Corbridge. Decent weather for it.
Eddie, ever turned left on the B6357 onto Newcastleton and the Olive Tree cafe? Great cafe. We travel there and back from Yorkshire a few times👍

Eddie, ever turned left on the B6357 onto Newcastleton and the Olive Tree cafe? Great cafe. We travel there and back from Yorkshire a few times👍
i was in the olive tree,yesterday only because as said the the last cafe in england was shut,i was really looking forward to one of the sausage rolls they do.that said a really good choice of food to be had in the olive tree,not to mention the crazy lass that works there,dark red hair (is a retired school teacher).she always makes me chuckle.

i was in the olive tree,yesterday only because as said the the last cafe in england was shut,i was really looking forward to one of the sausage rolls they do.that said a really good choice of food to be had in the olive tree,not to mention the crazy lass that works there,dark red hair (is a retired school teacher).she always makes me chuckle.
Oh yes know who you mean …..reet character.

Back
Top Bottom