Potentially a very good backup system/replacement/source of confusion :)

Mzokk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Started my 14 day trial with the new MRA Route app. The AT has Android auto and I've used google maps for point to point stuff which is great. The MRA route app could be a game changer because of its multi waypoint routing ability. OSMand is the only other route app I know with this capability but the interface isn't as polished. The comparison with the XT will be interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_20230619_115539722_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230619_115539722_HDR.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 11
Your post simply confirms that Garmin is losing the battle to good app developers, linked to phones and the bike manufacturers. Garmin’s brilliant latest decision? To drop easy route sharing via Bluetooth with the XT2.

I still like a dedicated gps. On the AT bumpy roads ocasionally disconnect the cable and the phone does get a bit hot when routing. But you are right, Garmins decisions round their Motorcycle GPS devices is bizarre and their digital architecture with so many apps (for example explore for the XT and tread for the XT2) is unfathomable.

Started my 14 day trial with the new MRA Route app. The AT has Android auto and I've used google maps for point to point stuff which is great. The MRA route app could be a game changer because of its multi waypoint routing ability. OSMand is the only other route app I know with this capability but the interface isn't as polished. The comparison with the XT will be interesting.

Locus is very good, better track handling and management, and lots of features. But android only

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom