R Nine T Din Fitting

Livestronguk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I am switching from a GSA to R Nine T in the next month or so. The R Nine T does not have a din plug for use with their BMW charger. Has anyone fitted an after market one Or found a way around removing the seat each time you want to charge the battery.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am switching from a GSA to R Nine T in the next month or so. The R Nine T does not have a din plug for use with their BMW charger. Has anyone fitted an after market one Or found a way around removing the seat each time you want to charge the battery.
Thanks in advance.
My 9T has a factory fitted plug, left side, under the front of the fuel tank. If yours doesn't have one, I'm sure a BMW fitting is available.

I find Nippy Normans a good source for all types of electrical connections. Certainly earlier RnineTs have a din plug that you can connect a Canbus enabled charger to. Something reminds me that the very latest models do not have this. Connecting a din plug to the positive under the seat and a suitable earth with your lead protruding out from under the seat would be perfectly ok.

I’ve done exactly that on both mine. Works a treat

Hi all,
Thanks for the helpful replies. Seemingly, the din plug has now been removed in place of USB socket. After your tip about Nippy Normans I found a Wundelich kit.
Thanks again, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom