Recommend me a bike friendly (safe) accommodation in Vannes...

Harvey Mushman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Planning a 2up week in Brittany 1st/2nd week in sept 2024.
Ferry will be Cork/Roscoff and back, planning on using Vannes as a base for most (if not all) of the trip.
Will be allowing one full day off the bike to explore the town. Possibly last night will stay closer to Roscoff, and explore the Armorique and/or north coast.
Otherwise day trips on bike exploring the south coast.

Have already marked in trips along the D767 and D785.

Was looking at this place, Appart'City Confort Vannes, Appartement Hotel.

Anyone ever stayed there? Having used a similar appartment hotel in Normandy (Grandcamp Maisy) I like the idea of an appartment rather than a hotel room. (that was with the car though after a trip to the 24 Hours of Le Mans..)

Any other suggestions?

TIA#

I’d give Vannes a miss and stay in Auray. You could then walk down the hill to St Goustan for beers and dinner

68f8de9ad9fe796782178e72ef20c6aa.jpg

Hi all,

Planning a 2up week in Brittany 1st/2nd week in sept 2024.
Ferry will be Cork/Roscoff and back, planning on using Vannes as a base for most (if not all) of the trip.
Will be allowing one full day off the bike to explore the town. Possibly last night will stay closer to Roscoff, and explore the Armorique and/or north coast.
Otherwise day trips on bike exploring the south coast.

Have already marked in trips along the D767 and D785.

Was looking at this place, Appart'City Confort Vannes, Appartement Hotel.

Anyone ever stayed there? Having used a similar appartment hotel in Normandy (Grandcamp Maisy) I like the idea of an appartment rather than a hotel room. (that was with the car though after a trip to the 24 Hours of Le Mans..)

Any other suggestions?

TIA#
I just posted a couple of trips in Northern France which you might want to have a look at and change /use them to suit your own needs.

Vannes is quite nice stayed there a few times. I've stayed at the Best Western Plus Vannes Centre Ville and Hotel Kyriad Vannes Centre Ville, both have off street parking and are next door to each other. They are about a 10 min walk to the Place Gambetta (harbour front).

Alternatives towns Carnac, Quiberon, Concarneau or as said Auray.

Thanks all. Herself found a fab gite on Airbnb just outside Plescop. 10 minutes walk to Town centre 10 min drive to Vannes. Has great reviews and everything we need including secure parking. So accommodation and Cork-Roscoff ferry booked. Can't wait...

No just need to figure out how to pack her stuff for a week.....

maybe too late but stayed here and would go back, brilliant guest house. not cheap, but very nice, and bike/car friendly, breakfast outstanding!!!!

short walk to town.

Back
Top Bottom