Restaurants on the Brittany Ferries Salamanca - Portsmouth - Santander

Arrived. actually its pretty compact......
great idea and will attach my lid and helite to the bike frame whilst on the boat.

IMG_7606.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Helite under a Rokstrap fastened to the rear seat, keeps it from getting in the way of ratchet straps or falling onto the deck. Helmet in the top box using the space left by the overnight bag. Simples.

Enjoy your trip, two weeks on Friday and I’ll be on the Portsmouth - Santander sailing.
 
Monday on same sailing. I bought the internet package for €18 for the whole trip. Not too bad…..if it works….
 
Sure. I normally post a few pics in the “morning club” section and then a link to the full report on my website at the end of it all. I’ll have the drone and the Insta 360 with me so hoping to get some decent footage 👍👍👍
 
Another quick question for those that have used this crossing...I have purchased the full 2 day internet package. Is the internet any good? I just want to do some work so email, whatsap and maybe a face time call or 2 with the Missus.
 
Tbh it’s a ok, a bit hit and miss, but you must turn off roaming on your phone while onboard else it’ll connect to the maritime satellite system and you’ll get a huge bill.
 
Another quick question for those that have used this crossing...I have purchased the full 2 day internet package. Is the internet any good? I just want to do some work so email, whatsap and maybe a face time call or 2 with the Missus.
I would compare it to old dial-up modem internet speeds!

Email and Whatsapp will be fine, internet browsing is OK but slow, but I doubt you'll have much success with FaceTime or any video streaming.
 
I've used the free allocation which does stream audio such as BBC Sounds but video won't work. I just download a couple of videos and podcasts to use once the 90 mins elapses on each device, phone and tablet. Perfectly adequate on the Plymouth route where most of the 20 hours on board is asleep or in the restaurant.

The premium "surf one way" for 25 euros states it allows streaming so it must offer more bandwidth than the other options
https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/onboard/wi-fi

whether it works for a live video chat is another matter. A bit of lag does not matter with streaming a video as your device should just buffer content. Lag will be frustrating in a conversation or business meeting.
 


Back
Top Bottom