RST Pathfinder - laminated suit

jacq

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I decided to take a chance and buy the RST new laminated suit (not Gore).
More and more companies are recently entering the market with "budget" laminated garments.

Last year, for example, laminated Oxford clothes (Mondial set) appeared on the market,
which gathered a lot of positive feedback, especially since the price was very encouraging. Pants were criticized for leaking, though.

So... RST Pathfinder.
There are no reviews anywhere, at least I couldn't find any. Hence my topic here. Maybe it will be helpful for someone.
It is a set that replaces RST Paragon V. Well designed. Some vents on jacket and trousers.
I've read so much. I do not have any experience with RST, but generally people like it (although it is too early for this model to say anything).
Taking advantage of the fact that there is a promotion in on RST in one of the biggest retailers (don't want to advertise them)... I went to measure it today.
And I bought it. 400-ish GBP for a suit
400 is a budget that I was able to risk...

This will replace my old Rev'it Sand 2. This is also going to be my first laminated suit.
Time will show if it was worth it. Fingers crossed :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_153243.jpg
    IMG_20200816_153243.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 372
How are you getting on with this suit? Looking at something laminate but certainly don't/can't afford Rukka's insane prices!!

Rukka prices insane?
Bought mine in 2007 and it still waterproof after averaging @ 10k miles per year.

I have returned this suit last weekend. I just came here to post an update.
After 2h in rain it leaked a bit in elbows.
Other than that it was very nice and comfy suit.

It is time to look for something with Gore. Not sure if I can justify way overpriced Rukka/Klim, though.
What I don't like about their expensive suits, is that they make it even more expensive because you need to add some thermal liner separately in most cases.
There are a lot of serious complaints about Rukka quality which makes it even harder to spend that amount of money on their clothes.

The ladies at Hideout Leather stock Dane, so it must be OK.

They won't keep anything sub-standard.

It is time to look for something with Gore. Not sure if I can justify way overpriced Rukka/Klim, though.
What I don't like about their expensive suits, is that they make it even more expensive because you need to add some thermal liner separately in most cases.
There are a lot of serious complaints about Rukka quality which makes it even harder to spend that amount of money on their clothes.

To be fair a lot of the cost is the ammount Gore charge to use it, but they do have lifetime warrenty? I have just had a pair of Klim trousers replaced for new ones and the original was bought in 2009. Ok the new ones I really hate but thats not the point they just swaped them out.

Check out Revit too. They have some high priced stuff but more if a selection at the midrange ����

Not one item of my Rukka clothing has ever leaked, coupled with much larger pieces of D3O armour and abrasion resistant materials than other manufacturers, all contribute to higher prices (and demand).

RST is generally good,

but in my experience

Sizing is something they dont understand, everything appears to be off a conversion chart.

Trousers in a short leg , are the same as trousers in long leg.

Customer service is not good, they rejected a warranty claim as fair ware and tear on a 6 month old item

I have one of there textile jackets in the cupboard, only worn once or twice, the practicality is good, buts its way to big for me

Back
Top Bottom