Sena 60s EVO

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
14,326
Reaction score
3,778
Location
North Pole
So this baby finally arrived, and has been in use for a few weeks now

I'll try and cover what i like and dont like

So the unit it's self look very similar to the 60 S HK

But the big change with this unit is , the change to Bose Audio & active noise cancelling* more on that later

So unboxing you get a very slim but well stocked box.

1 Base unit

1 mechanical clamp unit , with Hi def speakers

1 Sticky clamp unit with Hi def speakers

4 x mikes

4x mikes mounts , foam pads etc etc

Basically everything to enable a complete mount to two helmets

Then you get 4x removable faceplates and jog dial rings


So the mounts were fitted to my

Simpson Darksome - mech mount

Schuberth E1 Sticky mount

The mount is USB C connctor & magnets ( fuck off strong too)

There are no updates by PC, the old app dosent recognise the unit, its Phone app and OTA updates ( really slick)

IN USE

Its loud - feck off loud, i need to have the volume near on 0 its that loud

I only wind it up when on the bike

The ubit can have the front facia & jog dial changed, ive fitted the pearl white parts

It has a host of features that are brilliant ,but fore me only work in certain situations

Auto on / off is very clever, the unit turn on when i pick up my helmet, and turns off if left motionless for 5 min*

Auto connection is as before, but has a bit of a wobble with my AA setup on the wing, so requires connection a certian way

It dosent like loosing the bluetooth connection and will shut down if uit does,

it dosent reconect if the bluetooth is restablished ( THis may be an AA & my setup issue) not tried it BT only atm


Lots of cusomanble lights and patterns if you want to play , i turn them off ( despite what they say - they use battery )

I charged it last week and today its saying medium battery - it tell you the battery level at start up and shut down / sleep)

Almost everyhting i voice activated, and intigrates with Siri and Google for some interesting stuff ( not used so cant coment)

SO far i like it,

ANC* anc is via in ear buds , they arnt rekeased yet, so i cant comment on then=m

but the stock audio is crystal clear, without any noise or setting tweaking ( some backgound hiss at almost 0 volume but wind it uP and its gone )

Price is high £350 but you get two complete helmet mount kits & speakers which normally retaill for £100-150


Pics

Main unit (2) r.jpg
Senma mount.jpgGlow lights r 1.jpgGlow lights 2 r.jpg
 
ANC* anc is via in ear buds , they arnt rekeased yet, so i cant comment on then=m
Can be had from Germany.
One reviewer who is using the BOSE Q20 claims that the Sena/Bose setup is not as quiet? I had the Q20 and tried it in my helmet. Was very uncomfortable, lasted 30 min. The Sena/Bose bud looks flatter. I am tempted to get a Sena/Bose in ear buds just to see how they fit before I get the 60S EVO.
I already tried the C5 ANC and I am impressed with the noise cancelation. But I have 2 new helmets so the Sena is on the cards.
 
The ANC buds have been released,

I had an email some weeks ago, seem to recall a price of £60

i'll dig out the mails and have a look see

Edit now out of stock @ $79.00
 
The ANC buds have been released,

I had an email some weeks ago, seem to recall a price of £60

i'll dig out the mails and have a look see

Edit now out of stock @ $79.00
Just ordered on Amazon, should arrive tomorrow. Curios to see how will fit. If it doesn't work out for me I will send it back.
 
Well they arrived and here are a few pictures. My helmet is a Sys 7 EVO flip up. The buds are hard plastic, flat so they are flush in the ear. The cables are robust and look well weather proofed. The earbud stem is quiet short, with the helmet on there is no pressure even after 30 min on. The only problem I had is when you take the helmet off the bud in the right ear was coming off, that is a me issue. My ear canal is short and has a 90 degree curve. Tried different ways of taking the helmet off and just didn't work for me. The one in the left ear stayed on.
I couldn't test for sound or ANC, I don't have the SENA unit.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2354.jpeg
    IMG_2354.jpeg
    617.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2355.jpeg
    IMG_2355.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2360.jpeg
    IMG_2360.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2359.jpeg
    IMG_2359.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2358.jpeg
    IMG_2358.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2357.jpeg
    IMG_2357.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2356.jpeg
    IMG_2356.jpeg
    506.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2361.jpeg
    IMG_2361.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2362.jpeg
    IMG_2362.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 3


Back
Top Bottom