Service time 1290 SAS.

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike is booked in for sevice in early May. Current mileage is 7950 so by service time it will probably be nearer the 8500/9k mark.

So should it get the 9300 mile, i.e. the first major service, or, as it will be 43 months old, should it get a service based on age?

Advice greatly accepted.

I should point out that it has had annual services at 2800 and 4950 miles in 21 and 22. It had its "running in" service at 870 miles in 2020...low miles due to Covid stuff.

it might need both if it is anything like a BMW schedule i.e. the mileage service due and any age related items such as brake fluid or coolant.

it might need both if it is anything like a BMW schedule i.e. the mileage service due and any age related items such as brake fluid or coolant.

Thanks....I have had a quick look in the manual and all operations for the 12 monthly service are covered in the 9300 mile service....so hopefully the latter will suffice? Though at 43 months old they may do the work for the 24 month service..which includes a few more items?

Has it had an air filter yet? That is due at 9,000 miles.

I don't think the annual / mile thing is not quite the same as BMW, basically annual is oil / filter and possibly brake & clutch fluids, most parts replacements are purely on miles.

Obviously you could just phone the dealer who you would hope has an idea of what needs doing when.

The Air filter is a PITA on pre '21 models as it onvolves removal of the tank which must add over an hours labour just to change the bloody thing, so I would imagine a bill of around £350 is in your future.

Back
Top Bottom