Shoei Neotec 3 review

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It’s out !

3e75f84969e148768032199b3cb829e6.jpg

More info here and here

Annoying that there’s a new SRL3 comms kit so you can’t buy a Neotec 3 and fit the comms from the 2.
But it sounds like the SRL3 will be launched with Mesh as standard

Last edited:
It states an adapter plate to fit the Sena Srl 2:mesh will be available so that’s good news.

It states an adapter plate to fit the Sena Srl 2:mesh will be available so that’s good news.
Where did the chap in the video has mentioned this? I have looked again, but couldn't see him mentioning.

I have looked at SRL Mesh the other day, and Infinity motorcycles seem to be doing a deal on them at the moment.
What does that tell me then? It means that Feridax (importer for both Sena and Shoei) are clearing out stock. If you could retrofit Neotec 2 comms to Neotec 3, why would they want to discount them?

It’s in the report I take it you watched the video read this at the bottom “While the Shoei Neotec III has its own, dedicated SRL 3 intercom system made by Sena, there is an adaptor plate promised that will allow the new helmet to use the old SRL 2 comms”.

It’s in the report I take it you watched the video read this at the bottom “While the Shoei Neotec III has its own, dedicated SRL 3 intercom system made by Sena, there is an adaptor plate promised that will allow the new helmet to use the old SRL 2 comms”.
I did not read the report. Thank you for pointing it out.

Indeed. It also can be fitted with the Cardo shoei specific Sho-01 (scala rider?) which is on special offer at the minute at £100 less than the Sena unit.

I really like my neotec 2, but am now being swayed by the Shark 180 degree modular flip helmet. They seem a little more functional to me for riding in the open position. Almost best of both worlds. Anyone got experience of both helmets?

Yep, the Shoei is a better build but the Shark is so practical that I found that I was riding with just the visor down and sun visor in nice weather. I had the evo 1 & 2. I’m now back to my Shoei neo 2 but would happily change between the two. My pal has the same thing in a LS2 but I might be wrong but are they a Chinese version.

Sent from my backyard

I really like my neotec 2, but am now being swayed by the Shark 180 degree modular flip helmet. They seem a little more functional to me for riding in the open position. Almost best of both worlds. Anyone got experience of both helmets?

Yes. I looked at the Shark Evo-GT 180 last week but ended up buying the Neotech 2 simply as it fitted better and I think just has the edge on quality. I preferred the practiccality of the Shark and use a Spartan Carbon lid myself which was very well made and very light but the shark apparently is a little louder. Bear in mind that the Neotech 2 is being discounted now and can be had for a tenner less than the Shark lid. I wouldn't buy the LS2. I didn't like the build on that one.

In terms of intercoms, I tried a Cardo Duo rider set (offered to me at knock down price) and fitted that to the Neotech but it was less than useless, and perhaps faulty. Couldn't be heard on a phone call which for what I needed it for was a big black mark and it wasn't audible much above 30 to 40mph. I'm replacing that with a Sena SRL Mesh unit dedicated for the Neotech II which addresses the audibility issues many have experienced with the SRL2, thanks to better speakers and better noise control.

I’ve got an LS2 carbon flip on the way .
Loved my LS2 KTM jobby so hoping it’ll be good

f14bb02f24123ff9a5d1376577340090.jpg

Love my Neotec 2 but last trip rode it with the chin bar up a fair bit so the LS2 will be better as chin bar goes right back .

In France at the mo but used my open face Shoei J-O as was so hot .

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

Must admit since buying the Shoei I'm riding a lot with it open. Finding a little on the tight side at the back of the head so hoping that'll bed in a little.

Love my Neotec 2 but last trip rode it with the chin bar up a fair bit so the LS2 will be better as chin bar goes right back .

Fine lookin' lid that LS2

Sent by an Android

How are you finding this?

Love my neotec 2, fits fine, but the strap is too near my throat. Maybe I have a fat neck.

I have a Neotec 1 and a Neotec 2 with SRL 2. The original is far superior to the 2. I wear both but prefer the original. The 2 has poorer ventilation, flimsy visor compared to the original, this annoying also sits in your line of sight to your clocks / nav when 1 click open in the rain. Hope the 3 is an improved 1 rather than a lesser 2.

Love my neotec 2, fits fine, but the strap is too near my throat. Maybe I have a fat neck.
Exactly why I sold mine on. Will only go with double D fasteners, buckles just seem to hit me in the Adam’s Apple.

Just a heads up, black friday deals are to be had on this new lid. Inifinity were doing it at £670 (White) inc the SRL 3 at the NEC show and I see SpotsbikeShop are offering 25% off for black friday making match the Inifinity price.

Just a heads up, black friday deals are to be had on this new lid. Inifinity were doing it at £670 (White) inc the SRL 3 at the NEC show and I see SpotsbikeShop are offering 25% off for black friday making match the Inifinity price.
Get infinity deal screenshot and send it to Motolegends (pricebeat@motolegends.com) for a further -10% price beat deal. :thumb plus unlike Infinity MC, they will be happy to replace any innards for nothing (shop visit is necessary and they keep the originals) to fit your head shape.
Infinity and so on, will charge for the necessary pads on top of the lid.

Back
Top Bottom