Should I ditch my Nav V? What’s a replacement that fits into a Touratech locking mount?

The Carpuride arrived today, a few days late and amazingly in 1 piece given the state of the packaging.20260923_164117.jpg
 
Last edited:
The good news is that it does fit without having to remove the existing TT lock. I suspect this is because I went for the very cheap W702B model which appears to have an additional mounting plate on the back.

1000090569.jpg
 
Whilst it all looks bulky it does a grand job of pushing it far enough from the locking device to allow me to attach it to the Nav unit without removing that (thus allowing me to still lock my Nav V in place when I use that).

1000090568.jpg

It also pushes it away from my screen, I was slightly worried that this might also be an issue.

1000090570.jpg

1000090571.jpg


It also means there is no fouling of the wiring that comes already connected to the Carpuride.

1000090574.jpg
 
Update.

On the basis of help from this thread which Wapping kindly opened for me I have ordered a Carpuride thing.
I shall of course blame you people when I forget to remove it and it goes missing. :D
Expect lots of 'Why won't my Carpuride thing connect to my phone/Sena? Why can't I hear the navigation instructions even though it says it's connected? Which is better, Kurviger/Cali Moto/Something else?' type questions. I'll probably use Google Maps through the winter when I'll be on my scooter and see how that goes.

I don't have a power source for my phone on the bike so in the short term I plan on using a power bank in the tank bag.

Seriously though, thank you all for your help and input, including Wapping for opening the thread for me. (y)

Edit: I managed to connect my phone to my Sena intercom yesterday and have watched a number of videos about how to use the new device in preparation for it's arrival.
All i did was connect my phone to the Carpuride and thats it.
I set up Android Auto and happy with it.

My Cardo connects to my phone and works perfect.
Sounds from the Carpuride come through on my Cardo too

Ive read online that some people connected their phone and their comms to the carpuride which does work, but some reported the audio quality wasnt as good?
Cant be 100% sure as ive never tried it, its working now so i dont want to mess with it lol
 
Definitely not, it'll be a back up unit at worst, possibly 1st choice with the Carpuride as back up.
I'm still on the fence regarding Kurviger and might just go with Google Maps on the Carpuride if I'm away and the Nav. V does give up the ghost.
I said that with my Nav6

But once i realised i didnt need to send GPX files anymore and i could plan a route of MRA on the laptop then just get on the bike and load it on MRA Nav on the Capuride without any extra work i found i was using the Nav6 less and less.


As a Garmin device i think the BMW Navs are lacking a bit.

I can plan a hiking trip on OS maps and send to Garmin connect, then sync with my Garmin 67i
Why we cant do this with the BMW Navs i dont know.
 


Back
Top Bottom