Show me your F800 headlight protector!

Team McQueen

Reaction score
Quite a few options out there now ranging from about £15 up to £150 but would be good to see what they look like in situ - so please share preferences and pics to help me choose.

I pick my new to me f800 GSA up at the weekend and excited about farkles already.

It’s never been used off road (in fact it’s barely been used at all with less than 5000 miles)…so a headlight protector and skid plate are pretty high up on my list of things needed.

Following with interest - I have a new-to-me GSA and a shiny Aliexpress LED headlight (massively recommended BTW) and am looking at options. I think a close fitting plastic guard would be best - I had a mesh one on a previous bike and they are a PITA to clean, and won't stop a stone chip.

Ahhh - I heard the clear ones garner dirt and mud between them and the light when riding so also need to be removed to clean.
I have mesh ones on my mg and classic mini and never had any stone chips through historic road rallying etc…but a lot easier to clean behind them as they ‘clip’ off.

I think you've identified the critical feature - ability to remove easily for cleaning. Loads I've seen need the headlight fasteners unscrewing before they will come off.

Rugged Roads , bought off Anette ? Following a link on this site. Been on two bikes F650GS and 700. Probably clean the actual bike headlight once a year, then just threading a cloth through, certainly no disassembling.

Definitely worth protecting these units , my first 650 previous owner had to spend £200 on a pre owned unit following a stone chip. New units are daft prices from the mothership

IMG_1095.jpeg

Rugged Roads , bought off Anette ? Following a link on this site. Been on two bikes F650GS and 700. Probably clean the actual bike headlight once a year, then just threading a cloth through, certainly no disassembling.

Definitely worth protecting these units , my first 650 previous owner had to spend £200 on a pre owned unit following a stone chip. New units are daft prices from the mothership

View attachment 282451
I think you've identified the critical feature - ability to remove easily for cleaning. Loads I've seen need the headlight fasteners unscrewing before they will come off.
Undoing a couple of screws in easy access just to wipe a light sounds like a god send after rebuilding my ktm and using a 1969 MGB GT as a daily drive 😂

This is on my wifes F700, EBay £34

Attachments

• IMG_4421.jpeg
    IMG_4421.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom