Somewhere to eat before catching late ferry from Rosslare?

ThreeDawg

Registered user
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
443
Location
The Highlands of Scotland.
Heading off to Spain from Inverness in about 10 days time. :moped: Ferry to Bilbao leaves at five to midnight, so coming down from Larne we would be looking to stop to eat before boarding. Any recommendations where we could get something reasonable not too far from Rosslare where the bike and all our gear would be safe?
 
The Dock Hotel is great for a pint and food. We have used this ferry the last two years and stayed at the FerryPort Hotel, parked the bikes up and dandered to the Dock so we can have a few pints with our dinner the night before.

enjoy Spain (I'm jealous)

Barry
 
I've eaten in Sharkey's chippy in Rosslare on the way down. Cheap as chips, and in a Mediterranean restaurant in Wexford called Santorini's, which has an Indian restaurant beside it.
 
Heading off to Spain from Inverness in about 10 days time. :moped: Ferry to Bilbao leaves at five to midnight, so coming down from Larne we would be looking to stop to eat before boarding. Any recommendations where we could get something reasonable not too far from Rosslare where the bike and all our gear would be safe?
If that’s the late Friday ferry it’s a two night crossing. What I did last time was board a bit early at 10.30 and I had booked the club lounge for €100 I think. That gives you free food and wine that evening when you board and then all free food and drinks in the lounge the next day and also include breakfast the following morning before you leave the boat on Sunday at 8am. Trust me I eat my weight in food and wine over the two night crossing and was still full for a day in Spain, it was an excellent investment 🤣🤣
 
Culletons of Kilraine, about fifteen minutes from the port on your right hand side as you go through the village has a great reputation too.
 


Back
Top Bottom