Spain & Poss Portugal June 2024

jc_bromley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I plan to ride Spain & Portugal (again) in June this year. I've got the 1st until the 23rd booked off work.
I'm not planning on doing any off-road riding at all.
I aim to use hotels at the cheapish end of the scale but I have secured the use of a 2-bed flat in Torrevieja (@E30 per night) from the 5-15th, so I aim to use that as a base and ride out from there. I'm not necessarily limiting these to one-day only trips.

I'm not planning routes or places as yet, that's open to discussion. I've ridden both countries a reasonable amount before so I am well used to the environment. I can't speak either language at all...!

I'm looking for one other to join me if you're interested.

Getting to Spain....will either be by ferry or tunnel obviously...so possible options are-
Plymouth -Santander ferry, this is still just a one-day crossing, albeit still very expensive. This will need booking ASAP to take advantage of the current offer that ends in 8 days or so...
Portsmouth Santander/Bilbao, I understand are now two-day crossings, see above re-booking.

Eurotunnel, with the necessary time/costs to get to Spain.
ferry Portsmouth - Le Havre or Newhaven-Dieppe, putting these as an option to reduce time in France, these have associated costs and time implications.
The usual suspect, is Dover-Calais.
I'm based in South London so any of the South Coast options work for me.

Bike wise I'm planning on using my R1150GS for the trip.

If you're up for any or all of this trip please let me know asap.....

Back
Top Bottom