Starting in gear

OldCroc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2008 650 twin. (800cc). I have managed to stall a couple of times when trying to pull away in 1st gear. Just pulling in the clutch will not allow me to start. I have to pit the bike in neutral to start. I do not recall this being so on the 1200. i can’t see a cutout switch on the clutch but does anyone know If this feature can be altered perhaps in software? I have Motoscan but nothing jumps out at me.

I have an F800, 2010 - I can start in gear with the clutch in. However with sidestand down, it won't start in gear with the clutch in...

I have an F800, 2010 - I can start in gear with the clutch in. However with sidestand down, it won't start in gear with the clutch in...
There is a clutch switch activated by the lever, worth checking. To adjust you have to loosen a tiny grub screw, careful you don't lose it if you slacken too much!

Thanks for the tips. I haven’t had much time to look but not found the grub screw. I may have to remove the hand guards as I assume that it is on the underside of the clutch lever.
However just with a little tinkering I found that the bike starter does work with the bike in gear but only with the clutch lever in exactly the right place ie pulled about half way in. Pull it all the way and it does not work. So I assume it is all to do with the switch and the grub screw which I will get to in the next few days.
Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips. I haven’t had much time to look but not found the grub screw. I may have to remove the hand guards as I assume that it is on the underside of the clutch lever.
However just with a little tinkering I found that the bike starter does work with the bike in gear but only with the clutch lever in exactly the right place ie pulled about half way in. Pull it all the way and it does not work. So I assume it is all to do with the switch and the grub screw which I will get to in the next few days.
Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's good to know as mine is exactly the same - if you stall in traffic it's a bit of a faff to get it in Neutral quickly & restart....

D

Back
Top Bottom