Suzuki Service Activated Warranty

Honda do a similar thing over here

you get 5 years warranty & assistance as long as you do servicing in the dealership network (2 legal minimum + 3 from Honda France)

Suzuki’s sounds good at 7 years !

Shrewd ploy to keep you in their system for as long as they have calculated it is worth their while.
Indeed. They do it for their cars as well, as do Toyota and Lexus. Haven't heard of BMW offering this, I wonder why :cool:

Shrewd ploy to keep you in their system for as long as they have calculated it is worth their while.
Maybe, but surely it is a Good Thing that a manufacturer has enough confidence in its products to offer this kind of warranty.

Honda do a pretty good service plan too, will take it out for my new Hornet when it arrives.
Looked at the Suzuki service plan for my GSX s1000GT but working it out, was cheaper to pay as you go.

Maybe, but surely it is a Good Thing that a manufacturer has enough confidence in its products to offer this kind of warranty.

I suppose so, but look at the mileages on your average 7 year old Suzuki. Most will have covered less than 20K. Hardly a massive risk.

It’s a safe bet for any of the Japanese brands

Over 5 or 7 years they’ll make a lot more from servicing than they’ll spend on warranty issues

As mentioned above, I don’t think the equation would work out as well for BMW :eek:

I'm getting a 2021 plate 650 XT and it's coming with that warranty. It's only done 350 miles from new so the dealer is going to do the first service and activate the warranty.
Needs to go in at 7500 miles or a year for the next one. I usually service my own bikes so i'm not sure how it'll go down with me actually paying for it to be done, warranty or no :)

I'm getting a 2021 plate 650 XT and it's coming with that warranty. It's only done 350 miles from new so the dealer is going to do the first service and activate the warranty.
Needs to go in at 7500 miles or a year for the next one. I usually service my own bikes so i'm not sure how it'll go down with me actually paying for it to be done, warranty or no :)

Got the same dilemma with my Forza, it’s got 5 years guarantee if I have it serviced by Honda but their pricing is ridiculously expensive

Might just forget about the guarantee and do it myself

Back
Top Bottom