Swapping out DIN for twin USBs

the woodster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A mate of mine has just bought a 22 plate XR (Yes, he will be joining the forum and subscribing) and wants to swap out the DIN plug on the left hand side of the dash and replace it with twin USBs so that he he can charge gear in the tank bag. He is having problems removing some of the bodywork to get to the electrical connector and doesn't want to damage any. I have highlighted the offending panel. He has managed to get the front of this panel off but can't find any way to remove the rear. Does anyone know what type of fixings hold it on? Are they simple push on?

Thanks in advance.

XR PIC 3.jpg

XR PIC 2.jpg

XR PIC 1 edited.jpg

Don’t lose the DIN socket once removed, like my bikes previous owner did. Fettle yourself a bracket and relocate it somewhere handy eg underseat for a direct-to-battery power point for heated clothing, air compressor, battery tender etc.

Don’t lose the DIN socket once removed, like my bikes previous owner did. Fettle yourself a bracket and relocate it somewhere handy eg underseat for a direct-to-battery power point for heated clothing, air compressor, battery tender etc.
Good morning, yes that's his plan. I do find it a bit odd to see a DIN at the front in 2022. Much appreciated.

I’m the aforementioned mate, what I was attempting is to swap the din and usb around.
However having a look under the seat removing that usb seams a nightmare, so I would content myself just putting a single usb in place of the din.
If someone has done the complete swap that info would be ideal.
I know I could just fit an accessory but it looks …. And is too big.

Back
Top Bottom