The Best & Most Honest KTM Dealer

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to my complete distrust in the majority of main dealers I’m looking for a good and honest KTM dealer to get my 390 Duke serviced at. I know it’s not going to cost a fat lot ( not a problem paying for good service ) but I want to know they’re actually doing the job correctly. I’m based in Worcestershire but don’t mind a drive to get to the right place.
Ta.

Oh, and don’t bother mentioning the dealer in Norfolk either.

Judd racing in Nottingham seem OK (with Redline in Loughborough).

Yes really, a pal bought a V 85, and I was looking at a V7 . He also bought some accessories to be fitted at the PDI, they didn’t get them and got very difficult to contact.
I got as far as trying to put down a deposit but they got very evasive about what the deal was so I bought the ADV350 instead.
My Honda dealer is so much easier to deal with.

Yes really, a pal bought a V 85, and I was looking at a V7 . He also bought some accessories to be fitted at the PDI, they didn’t get them and got very difficult to contact.
I got as far as trying to put down a deposit but they got very evasive about what the deal was so I bought the ADV350 instead.
My Honda dealer is so much easier to deal with.

That’s all sounds a bit strange - never bought a bike or owt, just parts and consumables-but most of the time I use Eurotek for KTM stuff and the lads there are spot on

MK Honda seem good to deal with and the Honda parts transactions I have bought from them have always been excellent

My mate describes his 1290 as both the best bike he’s ever owned, and the worst he’s ever owned. Last major service, something around 20k his dealer fitted an oil filter that somehow disintegrated ingesting paper into the oil ways. Few miles later one siezed engine. Back to the dealer for a lengthy rebuild. Bike returned, untested with fault codes saying to return to dealer straight away. More time at the dealer and again it’s back. A few rides later more faults and another return. Another rebuild and back again….with faults…..back again etc etc…. Eventually back, a good few rides, starting to regain trust and yet another fault code, this time told to stop, so had to wait recovery. He’s been offered a new old stock bike but they want something like £6k to do that deal ffs….. He‘s deciding what to do, most likely trading his 04 Goldwing for a new one and just go with his 90k mile Tenere until it dies, or something else takes his fancy. But it certainly won’t be orange.
Don’t know where he goes, but it’ll be near MK.

That’s all sounds a bit strange - never bought a bike or owt, just parts and consumables-but most of the time I use Eurotek for KTM stuff and the lads there are spot on

MK Honda seem good to deal with and the Honda parts transactions I have bought from them have always been excellent
Yes it is strange but I think they try and get you on the hook to see what they can get out of you. Doesn’t work with me, I just go elsewhere.
MKS is a good dealership to use. It’s a family run outfit, that’s customer focused. A bit like Robson’s at York.
Personally I prefer to support a family run business. They tend to be motor straight forward.

Yes it is strange but I think they try and get you on the hook to see what they can get out of you. Doesn’t work with me, I just go elsewhere.
MKS is a good dealership to use. It’s a family run outfit, that’s customer focused. A bit like Robson’s at York.
Personally I prefer to support a family run business. They tend to be motor straight forward.

The one you mentioned is also family run ….

MK Honda have a long trading history going back decades, as do Robsons in York
Both decent dealers and had plenty of bits from BR in York and latterly a good deal on some bmw boots

The one you mentioned is also family run ….

MK Honda have a long trading history going back decades, as do Robsons in York
Both decent dealers and had plenty of bits from BR in York and latterly a good deal on some bmw boots

My experience with Premier Bikes was good, but it was a while ago. I’d certainly avoid Blade Swindon, or Blade anywhere for any make of bike.

Premier Bikes in Abingdon are very good and were under the watchful management of Andy Valentine, but he's just retired so no idea who (individual/company) will be stepping in.

I've been using Jim Aims in Braintree, Essex (KTM/Gas Gas only) since 2017 to service/farkle my 1290 SA-T; it's a 200 mile round trip and I can't fault them at all. The KTM dealers in Kent are :poop:, hence why I ride to Essex.

However....the distance from Worcestershire to Braintree may just be too far and there'll be a good recommendation on here that's closer to you.

Back
Top Bottom