The ethics of selling a Navigator VI.

I don't know how much the Nav VI retailed for in the UK, or how that amount compares to what's considered a 'middle class' monthly salary.
For contrast, the Nav VI last retailed in our market for ZAR 18 000. That's just over half what the average skilled tech worker earns.

I wish simply binning this thing was an option. But the prospect of simply throwing away the equivalent of two and a half weeks' salary infuriates my ulcer.
 
My first Nav VI had very few issues, but I was advised to get a replacement from Garmin before they stopped the exchange program. The 2nd 1 works perfectly. I may sell it because I bought a Chigee.
 
I don't know how much the Nav VI retailed for in the UK, or how that amount compares to what's considered a 'middle class' monthly salary.
For contrast, the Nav VI last retailed in our market for ZAR 18 000. That's just over half what the average skilled tech worker earns.

I wish simply binning this thing was an option. But the prospect of simply throwing away the equivalent of two and a half weeks' salary infuriates my ulcer.
I wouldn’t bin it. Either keep using it or sell it with an honest description. You could even offer to take it back if it fails in the first x months. There are plenty of bods who have them and have never had the ghosting issue. A lot did but still a minority.
 
Well, a piece of good fortune has come my way. I got no joy from BMW SA, but a friend is currently visiting from the UK, which means that if anyone there can use a complete Nav VI (as shown below) with the ghost touch issue, you're very welcome to make an offer - and no one will have to absorb any international postage costs.

If anyone is interested, you're very welcome to contact me here. Alternatively, e-mail me at technicwrite[at]gmail.com.

2.jpg

4.jpg
 
My third Nav VI is so far ..........( touchwood ) , but I still have my old Garmin 660 and 18 months ago I got the chance of a basically unused Nav V which I jumped at .

I know which one I would trust especially since Garmin have stopped replacing Nav VI's foc .

If selling one point out known issues and if yours is a revised unit and let the buyer make the decision
 


Back
Top Bottom