The Taffy Dakar (Cato takes a bit of a kicking .... )

Ange came a right cropper on the rocky climb to the gate, me asking why she went right instead of left was a question probably best left unasked :D

..... mind you she did ride down the same Rocky steps and blasted across the river where shandy drinkers dismount and push ........

Yeah but she's also got a 36" inside leg ..... !

Forgot to say - while looking for shelter Sat night/Sunday morning after the tent sprung several leaks I 'found' the judges scorecard and re appropriated it

We scored 9 :D. Valiant effort

:D :D

9 out of .... about 50 ??

We did well .... !!!

Giles,

Good to meet you, the missus and the mutt. Uber-Kudos for taking Cato down those trails: we had a very tame day in comparison - thankfully so considering two of us were on road tyres. I reckon we probably had some of the most fun though - probably due to the bollox-o-meter hitting the redline every few seconds - never has so much nonsense been spouted from such a foolish group of men and women.

Next year we'll be back to tackle the really rutted n rocky stuff. I, however, won't be bringing my 1190. He/she's been consigned to road and forest fire trail duties only. I have however, just 24 hours after returning from the event, managed to add an Xr400 to my fleet. Next year will be FUN!

Aha .... !

Yes, my heart is still road riding and the 1190 does it very very well. I saw your earlier thread on wanting a cheap trail bike - looks like you've got a bargain! Hopefully see you again soon ... :thumb2

Great report Giles :thumb2 It's fair to say though that you need not take the Fuji out of its case again.You have proved that the indiscriminate firing off of the i phone is far superior to your attempts with a "decent" camera.:D I would suggest ebay:thumb

Now I know you're very fond of Cato and this leads to a great deal of excitement,but surely that's way too much absorbant tissue/hand towel in that shed to be normal.........:D Plus a strange looking product called " Big wipe":eek:................:barf

I'm also a little worried why those pants remind you of me:eek: Did you take them off me while I was asleep a couple of years ago at the hograost..............They were in better condition when I had them:augie

Looks like you all had a great time, and have to say was well impressed with some of the places you rode the big KTM:bow

Pity we didn't get a picture of the " bare buttocks".........:green gri you may need a good long focal length for that one......:D

Sorry it rained, but it usually does.........:blast

Good one Giles ... enjoyed that for sure :thumb

Fair had me sweating at times for ya :eek:

:beerjug:

Bloody hell ... you and me both! I had to take a layer off an hour into it and it was only about 5 degrees .... :D

Looks like a cracking event, I'd have loved to come along on my 950 but we're off to Scotland on Thursday so didn't want to risk breaking the bike without the time to properly fix it.

Just remember, those crash bars did exactly what they're designed to do, they took a bullet to save the bodywork, they'll refinish up as good as new!

Some of those rocky climbs look like a real challenge!!

Perhaps one for the diary in 2016 Chris......I'd like to have a go at this, and whilst my map reading is OK, having to put my specs on every time I need to read it will become a chore!!!!

Well done Giles!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

I'll come with you next year (if you do it!!)

Great write up & pics to support :D

Perhaps one for the diary in 2016 Chris......I'd like to have a go at this, and whilst my map reading is OK, having to put my specs on every time I need to read it will become a chore!!!!

:D:D None of us could read the map at one point so we aimed for the nearest town with big letters and headed West till we found where we should be...age, gets us all

having to put my specs on every time I need to read it will become a chore!!!!

Same here, for a while a I kept my reading glasses on while riding which became quite alarming when I forgot to have them on the end of my nose:D then our question sheet got soaked and needed to be dried on a water heater in a cafe so we could write on it again.:rolleyes:

Nice one Giles full respect for riding the big lump round Wales Trails. Well written and photos better than usual . Have you thought about a better camera for next time:D

:D:D None of us could read the map at one point so we aimed for the nearest town with big letters and headed West till we found where we should be...age, gets us all

Common sense approach....nice :D

Same here, for a while a I kept my reading glasses on while riding which became quite alarming when I forgot to have them on the end of my nose:D then our question sheet got soaked and needed to be dried on a water heater in a cafe so we could write on it again.:rolleyes:

I can't wear my specs whilst riding, it just doesn't work/ I did a long distance road book event last year, and had to follow 2 in the small group as I couldn't read the map :blast

Good write up Reuben, :thumb2
I think you're very patient with your hewmons.
Say Hi to Jake for me.

:D

Giles begins prep of new bike for 2016 Taffy Dakar.......

640141_0.jpg

I reckon I'd be quicker on the downhill sections on that ..... :D

Back
Top Bottom