Time for another 1200 GS lC

Status
Not open for further replies.

steele01

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope we are all keeping well,

Just in the process of choosing a couple of replacement bikes for dad and I to do Norway + Iceland on. Split at the mo between another Vstrom 650 XT or a 1200GS to replace our Ktm's which are going back.

Looking at the 1200 GS does anyone know if there were any issues to watch for on the 2015-2018 ones I had a 2014 GSA TE last thinking of just getting the none GSA one this time round. :beerjug:

Tend to remember reading something about issues with the wheels but can't remember off the top of my head what year n what the problem was.

Am I right in saying the 2016 had an updated gearbox was there any changes after that before the change to the 1250?

What's everyone's consensus about the TFT's as well any issues with those compared to the older clock assy. Anyone had any condensation issues with the TFT?

Thanks in advance,

Forgot to ask as well did the Rallye 1200 LC ever come without keyless ride?

Thanks Doof, does anyone know if they still have the surging on constant throttle at around 30

Hi everyone hope we are all keeping well,

Just in the process of choosing a couple of replacement bikes for dad and I to do Norway + Iceland on. Split at the mo between another Vstrom 650 XT or a 1200GS to replace our Ktm's which are going back.

Looking at the 1200 GS does anyone know if there were any issues to watch for on the 2015-2018 ones I had a 2014 GSA TE last thinking of just getting the none GSA one this time round. :beerjug:

Tend to remember reading something about issues with the wheels but can't remember off the top of my head what year n what the problem was.

Am I right in saying the 2016 had an updated gearbox was there any changes after that before the change to the 1250?

What's everyone's consensus about the TFT's as well any issues with those compared to the older clock assy. Anyone had any condensation issues with the TFT?

Thanks in advance,

What was wrong with those 2 KTM 390’s?

I have a late model 2018 1200 GSA with the TFT and all the extras.

Superb bike and it cost thousands less than a 1250.

I think generally getting a last of the line model is a good idea as most of the earlier teething problems have been sorted out. :thumb2

Attachments

• 7B961B9C-6995-44C8-ABB8-17F65EAEAAB5.jpg
    7B961B9C-6995-44C8-ABB8-17F65EAEAAB5.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 318
Been doing some reading up what's everyone's take on the new esa on the 2017 mu with the self levelling preload?

Many thanks,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom