Tromsø

Haven't been but Sold an Excavator to a firm from there, always wondered how it got on with the weather up there.

Was only there very briefly last December on a small cruise ship.

Cable car up to the view point very worth while:

Avoid the troll Museum and Artic Cathedral not that impressive up close.

View of the bridge and the Cathedral nice though.

Walking round the town very pleasant.

Denise and I spent a long weekend there in early 2019, absolutely loved it! We went cross country skiing (ace), dog-sledding (not so ace) and went out on a Northern lights tour. As someone who wasn't particularly interested in the Northern lights before, I was totally blown away by them!
HY1A9824-X2.jpg

The town itself is growing though, as the cruise ship business was taking off, so some times are far busier than others. Plenty of local culture to explore, alongside plenty of touristy type stuff. Food and drink were not cheap, but we were on holiday so didn't care.
Somewhere we would happily go back to.
Cheers
Mark

Haven't been since the mid 1980's .....giving 45 CDO a lift to let them go and play in the snow.

Go to the brewery tap bar. It’s supposed to be the northernmost brewery in the World.

Pay for a Northern Lights trip the day you want to go, booking in advance could cost you a fair wedge but by the time you get to the actual day they’ll know if you’re going to see them.

Go sightseeing on a dog pulled sled.

Be prepared to see a stuffed polar bear in nearly every bar :D

We had 3 nights there and to be honest without having a hire car we’d run out of things to do.

We really enjoyed our Norwegian nighttime dog sled ride, meeting the dogs and hearing all about them. It was excellent.

We resisted the temptation to do the whole camping out overnight part that was offered though it was less a case of both of us resisting and more a case of my wife flatly refusing :D

Back
Top Bottom