Turning off Denali lights until engine running

Bigcats

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There is a good chance I am stupid before anyone says it!!

I have fitted the Denali S4s to the ezcan and all works brilliantly.

However is there a way of stopping them coming on until the bike is started?? I also have the GS-911 if something needs playing with in there?

I have the same.
i have my Denali DR1 lights set as daylights during the day.

I'm not sure there is a way of doing this automatically, just manually turning them on and off with the indicator cancel button
but that's obviously what your trying to avoid.

My lights have been like this 4 years and if its any consolation I've never had a flat battery.

i may be wrong, but i think you can delay a circuit from energising , for up to 10s ( to do with can running diagnostics etc)

but tbh, i never bothered, unless the lights are on for hours ,

if your working on the bike, you can turn then off with the wonder wheel / buttons

i may be wrong, but i think you can delay a circuit from energising , for up to 10s ( to do with can running diagnostics etc)

but tbh, i never bothered, unless the lights are on for hours ,

if your working on the bike, you can turn then off with the wonder wheel / buttons
Can you?? What is this magic you talk of??

Jokes aside how do you turn the lights off from the wheel?? I can turn the BMW 'fog' lights off via the button

But cannot figure out how to turn the Denalis off

if you hold the wonder wheel left/right for a few seconds the lights will flash and you can roll the wonder wheel to dim or brighten the lights
left of right depends on which set of Axillary lights your controlling, Denali has a A and B set as you know.

Pressing and holding the indicator cancel button toggles them on and off

I would have to plug my laptop in to see if there is an option on the ezCAN software for a delay.
i just tried on my laptop and it said "Connect device to continue" grrr

Last edited:
if you hold the wonder wheel left/right for a few seconds the lights will flash and you can roll the wonder wheel to dim or brighten the lights
left of right depends on which set of Axillary lights your controlling, Denali has a A and B set as you know.

Pressing and holding the indicator cancel button toggles them on and off

I would have to plug my laptop in to see if there is an option on the ezCAN software for a delay.
i just tried on my laptop and it said "Connect device to continue" grrr
Thank you

I am loving this canbus integration, saves so much hassle of the old ways of connecting things

Probably would add another layer of complication (and unnecessary expense) - so just for information.

I have a PDM 60 on my Africa Twin RD07A that delays the accessories coming on for (an adjustable) period of time to allow for the engine to be started after turning the key.

Probably would add another layer of complication (and unnecessary expense) - so just for information.

I have a PDM 60 on my Africa Twin RD07A that delays the accessories coming on for (an adjustable) period of time to allow for the engine to be started after turning the key.
I just like the fact I can turn them on and off now though it would make sense for nothing to come on till engine is running to give the battery all the luck it clearly needs on these things

There is a good chance I am stupid before anyone says it!!

I have fitted the Denali S4s to the ezcan and all works brilliantly.

However is there a way of stopping them coming on until the bike is started?? I also have the GS-911 if something needs playing with in there?
Hi There

We're actually working on a release that will pair with the R1300 ezCAN release, which will delay aux lights and heated gear from powering until the engine is detected as running. This should be coming out for LC and K1600 ezCAN bikes within next month. Feel free to sign up to our newsletter to get notified as soon as it drops:

Kind regards and safe travels

Hi There

We're actually working on a release that will pair with the R1300 ezCAN release, which will delay aux lights and heated gear from powering until the engine is detected as running. This should be coming out for LC and K1600 ezCAN bikes within next month. Feel free to sign up to our newsletter to get notified as soon as it drops:

This is absolutely fantastic to hear

Reactions: SBD
Hi There

Hi

Is there any chance this feature will also become available on the hex head air cooled 1200 ezCAN units? The feature must already be part of the bike software as it does not turn the dipped beam on until the engine is running.

Brian

Hi

Is there any chance this feature will also become available on the hex head air cooled 1200 ezCAN units? The feature must already be part of the bike software as it does not turn the dipped beam on until the engine is running.

Brian
Hi Brian

We are looking to add it for all possible models at a later stage, but the engine detection is a bit more tricky on the older/non BMW bikes so it is going to take some time to develop it for these.

Kind regards
Ruan

Back
Top Bottom