TUTORO chain oiler

Could be the fuel pump relay, known issue on the Himmie, especially E4 but not unknown on E5 bikes.
The pair of relays under the seat are cheap rubbish. Even though I could hear the fuel pump prime with iginiton on, it did not mean the relay was OK. Not had a problem with mine after replacing with Tyco or similar quality brand, about £9 the pair.

Thank you.

I have ordered up a decent replacement.

Bosch 0332201107 Micro Relay​

This is a useful (I hope accurate) rough sketch of the four relays’ position. The arrow is the front of the bike.

IMG_3935.jpg

The number is the Hella equivalent relay to the Bosch.

IMG_3937.jpeg

On the Euro V model, the fuel pump relay seems to live under the side panel.

Last edited:
I found that fitting an iridium plug made a big difference to starting and general smoothness in running, no stalling.

I found that fitting an iridium plug made a big difference to starting and general smoothness in running, no stalling.

Thst’s my hope and seems to match the news from elsewhere. For once, it seems to be more than just imagination. To be fair, the bike runs well; it is just the occasional refusal to fire, I’d like to address. The plug is cheap, as is a replacement good quality relay. I’ll swap them all out whilst I am at it.

Here are the four relays under the seat and the fifth, under the offside side panel.

I am going to change the lot whilst I am at it, for the decent Bosch items.

Great info, can you tell me if the relays are all the same type?
Not had any issues but some preventative tinkering might be in order...Thanks.

Here are the four relays under the seat and the fifth, under the offside side panel.

It would help if I put the pictures in, too.

IMG_2092.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

Back on topic.

I haven’t forgotten about the installation of the oiler. Fiddling about with a spark plug cap that cannot be removed, distracted my attention.

My apologies for not updating this thread.

Work, then the rupturing of my Achilles, put paid to fitting the oiler device, the afternoon set aside for it being wasted trying to get the bloody spark plug cap off, to fit a better spark plug. A two minute job….. ha!

As I can’t drive my car, I can’t get into the garage.

Hey-ho, life goes on.

This is what I did on mine a while back, and the Iridium plug. I had some intermittent start issues on my Euro V when I had it and the relay cured it.

I have used the Tutoro really good bit of kit you just have to be aware of the different flow rates if the weather is warm or cold I found and adjust accordingly. Also there oil seems to wash of the bike easily.
I met "Mr Tutoro" a few years ago, & he told me that the formulation of the oil was the hardest thing to get right about the whole project.

Did you fit the oiler in the end..? Something like that is in my list

I haven’t seen the bike since early June, I’m afraid.

I will get around to it sometime but first, the bloody spark plug lead.

I fitted one to my Africa twin and was very impressed with it unlike my OCD biker mate who followed me to verdun and found the front of his RS spotted with the finest tutoro lube - oh how he laughed - not.
That will teach him not to sit on your jacksy!

Fitted the Tutoro oiler to my Xcountry today-
Does exactly what it says on the tin.
The manual is excellent as is the kit.
No vacuum no faffing! allen key provided- all you need is a 8mm socket and a pair snippers for the zip ties!
Contact Roger Parker on 01594 841097.
Screenshot_20240109_152511_Gallery.jpg
No connection but a happy customer.
Arrow points to me waching the first oil go down !
p.s don't over tighten the zip ties DAHIK...:D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom